Email notifications

Si_Si_ Frets: 384
Anyone know why I'm not getting email notifications for threads with replies? turned them on but not receiving anything.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    Have you checked your spam folder? This software has a knack of putting email there until told not to.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Mine have stopped working as well.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    Mine aren't working at all. I also never got the 'confirm' email when I joined and one of the admins had to do it manually.

It seems that there's something in the forum email that causes it to be flagged as spam - it never even gets to my junk mail box, it must be getting stopped by the ISP filter. (Virgin)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Yep, nothing in SPAM... 
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Hi guys, spam filter caught my sign up too, but flagged the forum as OK and everything works just fine now on GMail.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    My sign up e-mail got spammed, but notifications of bookmarked threads (sorry discussions) and private messages are getting through. Had one just a few minutes ago.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Si_ said:
    Anyone know why I'm not getting email notifications for threads with replies? turned them on but not receiving anything.
    Have you had any e-mails from the site?

We are trying to fix the spam filter issue, but the domain registry are being idiots. 
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    One option could be to set up a GMail (etc) address for this site, and then forward it from there, I'm a bit of an internet "newbie" so I'm not sure if that is good advice or not, best wait a while and see what the good people on here can do first. Thanks to monquixote and all for a lovely new home.

• I got the sign-up notification direct to my main in-box (yahoo)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Si_ said:
    Have you had any e-mails from the site?

We are trying to fix the spam filter issue, but the domain registry are being idiots. 
    Got the sign up email in SPAM, but not had anything else at all.. 
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Si_ said:
    To receive notification of replies in discussions you did not start (whether you commented in them or not) bookmark them, using the star in the top right of the page (to the right of the discussion's title). :)