Friedman Pink Taco.. Holy cow batman!!!!!

What's Hot
So as a few of you know I have been using Bogners for years but this year I made the leap over to Friedman amplification and purchased a Friedman Brown Eye. The sonic difference that it made to my tone live and in the studio is unbelievable and I have to say that they really are worth saving for. The Brown Eye BE-100 is basically a high power 100 watt hot rodded plexi that is designed legendary amp guru Dave Friedman. So once I started using this amp in my studio rig they brought out a smaller little sister to Brown Eye called the Pink Taco. This is a 20 watt hot rodded plexi style amp, I'm presuming similar to my friends '69 Marshall PA20 but hot rodded with the brown eye tone!

Ok so it arrived this week. I purchased the Pink Taco head and the matching 1x12 cab for use in the studio and also smaller club gigs. Wow!!! The Pink Taco is UNBELIEVABLE.. With the knobs all set to 12 o clock the Pink Taco tone is pure chewy plexi and really is just like the PA20 running on MAX. Dialing the gain knob down to about 10 o clock you get that classic on the edge sound similar to Jimmy Page and Hendrix and also if you increase the master you start to get that Angus tone too. Pushing the gain up to about 2 o clock you start getting into hot rodded plexi tones like early Van Halen, Unchained sounds amazing on this amp. It's loud but not too loud. Easy to gig with bit also great for recording and club size shows! Pushing the gain to MAX puts you into metal territory. Not fizzy crap sounding metal tones but pure grindy metal tones similar to that of Alice in Chains and Deftones.

The fx loop works supreme. I think it is the same as the fx loop on the Friedman which is a metro loop and it's just really classy! Running delays through it beautiful and there is no clipping in the loop so it's very pure!

The Friedman 1x12 cab I ordered with a Celestion Creamback speaker as I wanted a tone similar to the Greenback but with more power and a bit more grunt. Safe to say it really is a nice cab and in looks it is perfect for the pink taco in every way! I have to order another now too just for the look of a bigger stack haha!

So to condense it down a bit, the Friedman Pink Taco, although being a single channel amp it is really versatile. By using the master and gain controls and also playing with the tone controls you can conjure up all the tones of rock n roll history. I am sitting here writing this short review with a big smile on my face and I can't wait to go and spank it again because it just rocks.. Oh sod it I'm off to rock again!!!
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments