NPUD: New OIL CITY MASTERWOUND Transonic!!

ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6233
edited September 2015 in Guitar tFB Trader
Ash @TheGuitarWeasel has just started to release the OIL CITY Masterwound series, I have to say INCREDIBLE!! This is a handwound Transonic in opaque red and sounds like all sorts of mayhem in an eighties metal/rock way!! I put it into this yamaha that I'm using as the customer guitar at the guitarshow in February, and so if you pop to the stand you'll be able to try it for yourself.

It makes the GUNSHOT sing like a bitch in humbucker mode, however when tapped its extra output makes the single coil sound like a proper singlecoil should, not a weedy variant. mixing the tapped sound with the p90 in the neck makes this guitar extremely versatile indeed and allows you to get some great bluesy sounds too. all in all a real treat to the ears!!

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m447/thorpy6/9CF06133-B529-4A3B-9AF9-9084DA18777F.jpg
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Exciting!

I've got a masterwound series liquidator tele set. He reckons it can metal it up, single coil style.

I'll let you know how it gets on with that when they're wired in and the guitar has a nut... ;) but ash has yet to let me down.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17714
    tFB Trader
    I'm getting some of the new Filtertron style Masterwounds for my Gretsch.

Very excited. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom