Clip-on tuner recomendations?

What's Hot
I have one of those Snark Chromatic tuners, which is a very nice thing except that the plastic socket into which the swivel bracket fits has broken - it's done it twice in different places and is obviously a weak point.

I'd buy another, but wonder if anyone else has any recommendations?

Merda Tauri Cerebrum Confundit
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a few (including the Snark) and the one I bought last time and the one I'd buy again is the Planet Waves Micro Tuner. Performance wise there's not much in it but I do like that it's so unobtrusive.  
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Korg Pitch Black here, works fine.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Sna... oh :(
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited November 2013
    My toddler beats the crap out of my snark tuners.

They are all still going strong.

I wasn't a fan of the huge planet waves tuner and I can advise you not to buy the fender one, mine has developed a glitch and struggles to stay on.

If the korg clip on is half as good as the pitch black it has to be worth a shot
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited November 2013
    My Snark has mysteriously stopped working - changed the battery and it still just won't play ball.

Will be watching this thread, might be buying something else. Don't know if I'll go Snark again - this isn't my first.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    I bought the intellitouch one when they first came out, and I've since bought a Snark.  Out of those two the Snark is much better.  I don't know about the others on the market.
  • Korg AW2G is a bit nicer than a Snark IMO, but costs more. The swivel joint is more flexible and I prefer the display (be sure to turn the backlight on in low light). It will do vibration or sound tuning.

I've got both the regular and super tight snarks. The super tight tracks better but the one I have doesn't do audio tuning (regular one does).The Korg tracks as well as the Super Tight Snark and does audio - probably the main reason to pay the extra for the Korg if you already like the Snark display.

• daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Ha, came here to ask if anyone had clip on tuner recommendations as another Snark of mine has died.
  • I've got a snark and mine works fine. If it breaks I'll probably get a planet waves mini, just because its so tiny. 
  • UnclePsychosis;78416" said:
    I've got a snark and mine works fine. If it breaks I'll probably get a planet waves mini, just because its so tiny. 
    I've just ordered a planet waves mini. The reviews looked really good on Amazon so I took a chance on it.
  • Thanks for all the replies. I love the colourful little Snark, but the simplicity of the Planet Waves mini appeals, will probably try one - and it's cheaper!
    My toddler beats the crap out of my snark tuners.

They are all still going strong.

I wasn't a fan of the huge planet waves tuner and I can advise you not to buy the fender one, mine has developed a glitch and struggles to stay on.

If the korg clip on is half as good as the pitch black it has to be worth a shot
    Wait until s/he reaches 15 then it'll get broken, at least that's what happened to mine!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896

I have 2 snarks. Nice and bright, but not very accurate.

My korg AW-2 ones are much better, try 2-3 at once on a guitar

I got a Peterson one. Very accurate and clever, especially with buzz feiten, sweetened tunings, etc, but a bit annoying to use

• Wow, those Peterson tuners are expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for. They look very well made.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I've got the little planet waves one, its very good, even at stage volumes it still handles tuning very well. Very easy to see and very unobtrusive to the look of the guitar. I buy one for every one of my live guitars!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited November 2013
    I have a Planet Waves headtock one which is very good on guitar but doesn't seem to work very well on bass, particularly the E and A strings. Can anyone recommend one that can handle tuning a bass or any recommendations for my existing one?

Cheers

EDIT:Anyone? A good clip on tuner for bass? A Snark SN-1?