Gigs in Edinburgh

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I'll be there but it may be something of a flying visit :). There some time after half 9 and away before 11 if I can - should be just enough.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    @ICBM Excellent! Look forward to meeting you also.
    I'll have to be away relatively promptly too, as I'm up early tomorrow.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • No probs guys, should be long enough to get through to 'don't stop believing" lol.

Appreciate you guys coming, thank you!
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    @thomasross20 @ICBM
    I'm here chaps, young looking guy with the red flannel shirt and pint :)
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Ah, never got that message (no signal down in Binkies) but glad we found you - how did you and ICBM get talking? I did wonder if that was you there!

So, many thanks to @ICBM and @Hertz32 for coming along last night - very much appreciated! And oh no, we forgot to get a photo! :)

Unfortunately the crowd was a little thin but I guess it's luck of the draw. 
    For some reason I was a little nervous so I made some note & timing mistakes but c'est la vie. 
    Our drummer pulled through in the end on the whole. He did try some ambitious fills and speed up toward the end but was ok. 
    Rhythm guitarist had some problem with her acoustic into pedal into DI - some loud hum. 
    --> I noticed I still have that wah problem in that if I leave it up (and on) but don't play any notes, it squeals - will have to sort that out!

Main singer agrees with me we need some more rock songs, woohoo ;) 

You guys said guitar wasn't too loud so that's good. But vox needed increased? Maybe a technique thing, I don't know. 
    The guitar sounded alright to me (the PRS with the 59/09s) - but ow I know Hert32 has guitars with Oil City's in them, I want to hear!

Next gig is Dalkieth 5th Dec.... 7:30 - 12am!! 

Cheers!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Great pics thanks!

Oh no! The County in Dalkeith just rang me to say they are cancelling most of their acts throughout December (including us) as they supposedly had a flood on one of their floors! :(
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    My band are back at Binkies on the 27th Dec dudes - that weird time in between Xmas and New Year :p Can not get in 7th Harmonic these days and Music Box is closed for Winter so got Verden booked - been once since they moved. 
  • With the £100 deposit?
  • Is it breaking the rules if I advertise our gig in Glasgow? This Friday we are supporting Bombskare at The Record Factory. It's an early show, we'll be on from 6.30. Tickets are £6 from us.

"As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    Is it breaking the rules if I advertise our gig in Glasgow?
    Yes!

;)

I won't be able to make it through unfortunately. Bombskare are great, a former band of mine supported them about ten years ago. (Maybe nearly fifteen given how time flies these days.) Glad to hear they're still going.

Have a good one :)

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited December 2015
    Vaiai,  27th ooft, I will see about trying to make it to that though I'm in London from the 10th and might be in Aberfeldy later on in the month!
    Bombskare - they seem to have very professional videos, I remember you guys talking about them. It's ALL hands-on deck at work so unfortunately wont be able to make it :(

Our gig is back on, County Hotel in Dalkeith. 8pm - 11:30pm or so. This Saturday.
  • Fookin' hell, since we're now to be playing in a smaller room they've downed the rate from £150 to £100 for the 3 hours (!). Between six people! Apparently the boss is away until Monday.... very convenient..... If it weren't for the fact that so many people are going, I'd be cancelling!!
  • Just made two videos to accompany our demo. Just a picture reel, nothing fancy!

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Did the full 2hrs at Binkies on the 27th, was great fun, relaxed and together. Crowd were quiet the first set then we're all up for the 2nd pretty much all the way thru to the end - and shouting for more. Who doesn't love gigs like that :)
    We've got another one in Binkies on February 4th now - moved up to a Thursday. Still a single set fairly early, I'll confirm time closer to it.

• Will try to get to that, and Vaiai's next one! 
    It's great you got a slot there !
    It's great you got a slot there !
    Binkies on a Thursday. Next stop… Murrayfield!

• Guys, remind me nearer the time.. and I'll try to be there 8)
  • Chaps, just a wee reminder. The Bill are back at Binkies on the 29th January. We've got a 2 hour slot from 9.45. It's a Friday night, it's the end of the month and it would be smashing to see you there.

Cheers,
    Liam
    www.facebook.com/thebillglasgow
    www.thebillband.co.uk
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky