Thomman?

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
I really need to sort out a gigging amp that doesn't explode ( although the only gig I currently have booked is February 2014 so this is not urgent!) when you turn it on.
If I order an amp from Thomann do I have to change the plug ( well, use a UK kettle lead) or use an adaptor or something?
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33813
    Depends.

If the amp has a hardwired cable then you can either use an adapter or clip the end of the cable and attach a new one (they are about a quid from Maplins).
    If the amp has an IEC male connecter at the back then just buy a new kettle lead.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Goes and looks at pictures...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ...looking like a kettle lead. :)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33813
    Brilliant.

What amp?
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    i bought a fender mustang 1 from them earlier this year and it came with a 2 prong kettle type lead
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1638

Do you really have to shop outside UK?

I have only had one experience of T's and it wasn't a good one. I am sure there of plenty of UK traders that will serve you well.

I have had brilliant service from Guitarguitar .com I am sure peeps here will pitch in with other reccies?

As to amp? Give us a clue as to likely usage. If you want one suggestion for 99.999% indestuctability. Blackstar Artisan 100.

Dave.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought lots of things from Thomann over the years but never anything hugely expensive - I think a 4x12 was the most costly item, the rest were guitar leads, plectrums, mics and preamps etc. I bought an amp from them a few months ago, arrived, didnt turn on. Looked like the main HT fuse or some other issue and there was no way of me checking it without opening it up or sending it to my tech. So a little kak as they didnt have any others to send me but they were helpful in arranging for me to send it back at least.
  • I've used them a lot in the past and had no trouble until recently.

Bought a B-stock (unwanted return) Line 6 JTV-89 a couple of months back. The guitar arrived faulty.

After waiting a week for them to send me a replacement, that finally arrived and there were parts missing from the box, Variax workbench connection cables etc so they had to ship those to me separately which added yet another 4 days to the whole thing.

Up until that point i'd never had any trouble and had bought numerous guitars from them.

Buying abroad has its plus points on price etc but when things go wrong as in this instance it was a real drawn out process to finally get what i wanted.

• Just the fairly humble Koch Jupiter, there is one UK stockist and they don't usually actually have one in stock ( or as cheap as Thomann). Although once I have the money together I should at least contact them I'm sure.
    If buying an amp from Thomann ran the risk of bringing rabies into the country that would have been fine, eliminated them from my enquiries. But if its just a change if kettle lead then they get to stay on my list of possibles.
  • supessupes Frets: 183
    I've bought 3 amps from them and all have come with UK leads in addition to the 2 pin plug leads. Had no problem with any and would definitely use them again - good price, arrived on time, and all arrived safely.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just the fairly humble Koch Jupiter, there is one UK stockist and they don't usually actually have one in stock ( or as cheap as Thomann). 
    Is that World Guitars? Jeff either has some in stock or is wating for them soon and they were still sub £500, so maybe £18 more than Thomann.
  • AlexHunter;78683" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Just the fairly humble Koch Jupiter, there is one UK stockist and they don't usually actually have one in stock ( or as cheap as Thomann). 

Is that World Guitars? Jeff either has some in stock or is wating for them soon and they were still sub £500, so maybe £18 more than Thomann.
    Yeh. Just weighing up my options really.
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    Last thing I bought from Thomman came with a UK plug on the lead, great service too
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Thomann are great to deal with  - no quibs ever. TIP - keep an eye on the euro/£ exchange rate though to get best price...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11949
    Thomann are very good I think.
    make sure you use a credit card with zero transaction charge for the Euro