SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

amps in Cash Conns'. Opinions please.

What's Hot
ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
edited November 2013 in Amps £
One was a Fender Mustang mk1.

The other a Marsall MG30DFX. Both in  very good cosmetic nick. Either any good and what would be a fair price please?

Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I still love my Mustang 1, it's a great little home/practice amp to have around. I'd happily pay up to £60-70  for it now? Not sure what they go for though so that's purely based on what I paid originally (£90) minus depreciation.
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    With the software the Mustang is a great little amp

• guitargeek62;81505" said:
    I still love my Mustang 1, it's a great little home/practice amp to have around. I'd happily pay up to £60-70  for it now? Not sure what they go for though so that's purely based on what I paid originally (£90) minus depreciation.
    I'd have thought £60 for a MkI, bit more for a MkII. That's a lot for that much isn't it? Billy bargain
    :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Avoid the Marshall. The dfx one I had broke and it seems it's not uncommon...
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633

Thanks chaps!

They want 80 quid for the Fender and if I (well Son really) had a great need I would buy it but since nobody is saying "have their arm off!" I shan't.

But from what I hear from you all, even at that price the Fender has little competition and would make a good starter amp?

Dave.

• wordywordy Frets: 67

but arent Mustang 1's about 80 quid brand new?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_mustang_i.htm

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    wordy said:

but arent Mustang 1's about 80 quid brand new?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_mustang_i.htm

Err? No, read the small print.

Dave.

• The Mustangs seem to be about £109 new.
    I think the general opinion is that the high gain models aren't the best so if he is a mosher look elsewhere but the clean to crunch to brit gain type stuff is great, the reverb and basic delays are very good, some of the effects are nice too.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    edited November 2013
    If you want Fender or Plexi sounds, the Mustang is the best little modeller I've tried. The widdly noises work for me but I'm no shredder. Even though I use my iphone more for practice these days I won't be selling my Mustang any time soon.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires