Larrivee om vs omR

Anybody compared the two different model types? 
From YouTube the OMR (rosewood instead of mahogany back & sides) really seems to give deeper bass and project more. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• the_twinthe_twin Frets: 130
    You need to try for yourself. They have lots of choices in the woods now.
  • I think I might have to adjust the truss rod on mine as when I hot the bass E hard with my thumb I get too loud a twang. 
    I think I see why some acoustic are heavier (as such) so they can take more of a beating without "distorting"
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    It may have developed a slight back-bow - or at least be too straight - as the weather has got damper.

The neck wood swells with increasing humidity but the metal truss rod doesn't, so the result is that the truss rod is effectively tightened. The swell along the length of the grain is small compared to across its width, but it does move a little.

Rosewood does usually have a deeper, cleaner tone than mahogany, maybe with more projection. Mahogany is warmer and more middy. I certainly wouldn't rush into changing one for the other unless you've played both side-by-side - individual guitars don't always sound the way you expect.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Don't worry, I'm not buying another / different acoustic :)