If you were going to a beer festival...

What's Hot
Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
edited November 2013 in Live
Now then,

I've been asked to play a beer festival in the March of next year. It's just a local affair, nothing too big.

My question is, if you were going to a beer festival, what songs would you like to hear?

The band is a three piece (Actually currently missing the third piece which is a drummer if you can count them as a whole piece). Drummer jokes aside! I tend to play blues-y classic rock kinda stuff so I'll be banging a few blues standards in there and maybe one or two originals that will get people moving. Do you have any suggestions for covers we could do? I'm open to any genre providing the song is right!

inb4 Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    I think your audience is likely to include a lot of middle aged, middle class beardy types. So sensible volume and old school classics mainly for them. AC/DC, Led Zep, ZZ Top, Eagles?, 2 4 6 8 motorway, Cheap Trick, Who, that kind of inoffensive acceptable stuff.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Folk music
  • John Barleycorn
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    RAWK!!!

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    Chaz n Dave >:D<

• Branshen said:
    Hendrix? No Oasis. 
    Jimi Hendrix - Fire

Added to the list! Cheers dude.
  • I have played a beer festival with the ska band. The other bands tended to be a bit more classic rock. The audience were basically split into those so pissed they would dance to anything and those so pissed they couldn't be arsed to dance to anything.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I have played a beer festival with the ska band. The other bands tended to be a bit more classic rock. The audience were basically split into those so pissed they would dance to anything and those so pissed they couldn't be arsed to dance to anything.
    This mainly!

We have quite a lot of beer festivals round here in the summer months (and I try to go to most of them!) and EtW speaks the truth. 
    I might add a third category of people - those in the process of getting pissed.  Usually either chatting or making their way to the bar, and appreciating the music only in passing.  Later they fall into one of the other two categories!
    Punters at beer festivals don't care about the type of music, as long as you can dance to it
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Pink Floyd

The Who

Lines'up'noses (Sweet child etc)

Hendrix

General pub-rock covers

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    I like beer festivals and I like music but I'm not mad on mixing the two.
    The best stuff I've experienced at them has been by folky-type bands as it seems the most congruent in a tent fully of trumpy, middle-aged, beardy real ale fans. 
    I don't mind a bit of the old Bavarian oompah music for a similar reason.

It's not really the sort of place where I'm that bothered about hearing Sultans of Swing or Back in Black.