Vitoos DC8 Power Supply

What's Hot
KylefKylef Frets: 1042
edited November 2015 in FX
http://vitoosmusic.com/?portfolio_page=dc8 ;

This looks quite good for the money. Tempted by this, I have another board I'd prefer not to interchange my PP2+ with that this would work with. 2 isolated inputs, and 6 in series that are isolated with a max of 300ma. 

Anyone got one they can tell us their experience? Seem to be around the £30 mark, albeit shipped from China.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    if you want completely isolated there's that fame one (which i haven't tried) which dv247 and musicstore sell for around the same price.
  • @Kylef - did you buy it in the end? I've just bought one, and I have no idea whether I've got the bargain of the year or I've just made a horrible mistake ;)
    <space for hire>
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    @digitalscream I didn't mate, I ended up getting the fame one that @Dave_Mc recommended. It was good for my spare board, but recently sold it as I took apart the board.
  • Kylef said:
    @digitalscream I didn't mate, I ended up getting the fame one that @Dave_Mc recommended. It was good for my spare board, but recently sold it as I took apart the board.
    Actually, that one looks exactly like the Vitoos but rebadged. I'll take that as a recommendation (assuming it was this one).
    <space for hire>
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I'll look forward to hearing how you get with that fame if you get it.    Plenty of current on the outputs and the ability to isolate some of them seems like a reasonable compromise to keep the price cheap.  
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    It wasn't, it was this one. Worked a treat though.

http://www.dv247.com/cables/fame-dct-200-multi-output-power-supply--204885
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_P said:
    I'll look forward to hearing how you get with that fame if you get it.    Plenty of current on the outputs and the ability to isolate some of them seems like a reasonable compromise to keep the price cheap.  
    Well, I got the Vitoos version - £30 from eBay (but not from a Chinese seller). It's got some big boots to fill - it'll be powering a 12V AMT preamp off one isolated output, an Eventide Time Factor (notoriously picky about power and doesn't play well with others) on the other, and a Bogner Red, a tuner and a Mooer Ninety Orange on the 9V daisy chained outputs.

If it can handle all of that without an excess of noise, I'll be mightily impressed.
    <space for hire>
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I use one on my test board and it is perfectly acceptable. My favourite feature though its that it dits underneath a Smorgboard Grab n Go or a PT mini.
    That is very useful

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    edited January 2017
    Kylef said:
    It wasn't, it was this one. Worked a treat though.

http://www.dv247.com/cables/fame-dct-200-multi-output-power-supply--204885
    yeah that's the one i was talking about. I haven't tried it, though, so I hope no-one took what i said above as a recommendation. I just know it's been verified as isolated (http://stinkfoot.se/archives/808 it's under the alctron dct-200, mentioned as a rebrand in its listing and also at the bottom of the page.)

• OK, so I've got mine and cabled it up. It's running an AMT F-1 preamp at 12V on output A, an Eventide Time Factor on B, and a Weeping Demon, Korg Pitchblack, Mooer Ninety Orange and Bogner Ecstasy Red on the daisy-chained 300mA outputs.

Works brilliantly. Not only that, but the entire board is noise-free.

Colour me seriously impressed.
    <space for hire>
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    I'm so impressed with it that I've just bought another one. I'm obsessed with the possibility of power supplies dying at a gig, so I've always kept two kicking around...it's even more critical now that I get all my tone from the board.

Best part is that it's still cheaper than a Cioks or similar, even having bought two...
    <space for hire>
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    That Fame one looks good but seems quite a bulky unit?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just seen the Vitoos one on ebay. If I have more than 8 pedals can I use a daisy chain on some outputs (as long as the draw isn't too much)?
    Just seen the Vitoos one on ebay. If I have more than 8 pedals can I use a daisy chain on some outputs (as long as the draw isn't too much)?
    Yup.
    <space for hire>
    All the vitoos dc8 units on eBay seem to be from China except one at double the price. Any one had one from China? Am I likely to face import tax or have a unit with wrong plug etc?
    All the vitoos dc8 units on eBay seem to be from China except one at double the price. Any one had one from China? Am I likely to face import tax or have a unit with wrong plug etc?
    Yep, I ordered one from a Chinese seller on Tuesday and it arrived yesterday, with a UK plug.
    <space for hire>
    Yep, I ordered one from a Chinese seller on Tuesday and it arrived yesterday, with a UK plug.
    Ah cool. Can you send the link to it so I know which one is good?
    Ah cool. Can you send the link to it so I know which one is good?
    Here you go :)

(Item 142186612989 if the link doesn't work)
    <space for hire>
    I got mine from Amazon