Ukulele - help required

My daughter wants a Uke for Chimbo. She is pretty musical- violin, piano, guitar, sings and I don't see any problems for her in picking it up. But blimey, I have no ideas what to look for and how much to spend. She is used to fairly decent instruments in we have a lovely upright piano, she has a fender Mexican tale, and a lovely sounding violin..... So don't want to buy her a pile of kindling. Equally don't want to spend >£100 as she is getting a few other presents this year. Any thoughts or experience out there?
An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Stop crying, start buying
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    edited November 2015
    I have a Mahalo koa one that cost just under £100, which is pretty nice. It also comes with a very cool gig bag, a proper nylon padded one not the usual thin cover.

This one I think - price has maybe come down a tenner or so since I got mine - http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/ukuleles_detail.asp?stock=10102915112258&gclid=CMnb0IeOs8kCFde6GwodW7QI6g

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1382
    Thanks @icbm I have pulled the trigger on that. I hope she likes it
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    If she doesn't, confiscate it.
  • FrankieabbotFrankieabbot Frets: 96
    edited November 2015
    Maybe a bit late but I can't fault my Makawao concert. £40.....and I play anything from Rodrigo to AC/DC on it........and some Formby!