Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show us your Jazzmasters!

What's Hot
Fucked off with my Gretsch and the Thomann/TVJones debacle, so seriously considering an MJT Jazzmaster instead. 

So I want to see pretty JMs from all sources - Squiers, MIJs, CPs, AVRIs, customs, MJT, Danocasters?!

Go!
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited December 2015
    Squier J Mascis :D

Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This was mine, I got it off @camf in a trade. Yet another one on the "why did I sell it?" List. Lovely guitar, mojo pickups, mastery bridge, staytrem trem...

http://s1150.photobucket.com/user/banjo74/media/CDFBA0D3-6FC6-4939-BAFA-414DA0CEE7F1-2832-0000035C1DC6D2E5_zps4e0c3bea.jpg.html]image
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375

Only played through the amp for the first time yesterday, need a bit more time with one before I decide if it's a keeper, really 'shrill' distorted, even through the neck pickup.

Sounds lovely clean though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Any excuse to show off me Jazzers. Oo-er, missus, etc, etc!

Squier J Mascis with Mojo pickup in bridge position

Squier J Mascis with Bullock pickups

Fender AVRI Thinskin Lake Placid Blue
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like this thread muchly.  @meltedbuzzbox - Like it wasn't cool enough before the checking, but now...
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • @randomhandclaps - thats how it rolled out of the custom shop

I'm still not sure whether I like it (the checking) or not to be honest, but I love the colour and its by far the best Jazzmaster I have ever played so I can let it slide. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • @randomhandclaps - thats how it rolled out of the custom shop

I'm still not sure whether I like it (the checking) or not to be honest, but I love the colour and its by far the best Jazzmaster I have ever played so I can let it slide. 
    Funny enough I've just finished a surf green body and I'm debating whether to check it or not.  Hmmmm.... more pondering to be done.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    2003 AVRI w/ Mustang bridge.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    PVO_Dave said:

Only played through the amp for the first time yesterday, need a bit more time with one before I decide if it's a keeper, really 'shrill' distorted, even through the neck pickup.

if it's anything like my Japanese J Mascis then a) the pickups are more like Strat pickups than Jazzmaster, and b) the pots are 1 meg, which make things brighter.

Some people like it like that but I swapped the pickups for some Lollars and the pots for 250k and loved it.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had the J mascis squire, and got rid quite quick. It was the most un jazzmaster Ive had. 
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    edited December 2015
    http://s3.postimg.org/cz4nbo083/image.jpg

My number 1. Built from a classic player neck and a Guitarbuild body I finished myself. Seymour Duncan antiquity 1 in the neck, creamery extra width in the bridge (both alnico 2). Am tryin out the staytrem bridge over the mastery currently. Think I prefer it!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C;885226" said:
    PVO_Dave said:

if it's anything like my Japanese J Mascis then a) the pickups are more like Strat pickups than Jazzmaster, and b) the pots are 1 meg, which make things brighter.

Some people like it like that but I swapped the pickups for some Lollars and the pots for 250k and loved it.
    I've got a 250k volume and 500k tone, nice balance with the darker a2 pickups. 250ks for both would probably suite a5 pickups nicely. I put 2x 1meg pots in the rhythm circuit - more useable than the super dark option plus you can get the bright jazzmaster rhythm sound if you want it!
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Seen this pic before, I think it's one of the best looking guitars I've seen on this forum, looks gorjus!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Paul_C said:
    PVO_Dave said:

It supposedly has USA pickups in, think I might treat it to a Mojo or Oil City pre-made loom post Christmas, see if I can work out what the pickups are, very bright (harsh) indeed. 
  • JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870

• This is exactly what I need. Keep em coming :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires