Got me something new!

What's Hot
timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
edited November 2013 in Guitar
The lovely guys at Ibanez UK were good enough to send me this beast for the Vans Warped Tour UK leg that i was playing yesterday. Sounds fantastic, i'm unsure of what the stock pick-ups are, but they're good. The body cut around the P90 isnt great, but i was thinking of changing that our for a mini humbucker anyway.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Niiiiiice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I like; I think.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Like the colour and shape. How does it play? Would be nice with 2 P90s.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    don't go jumping off the lighting rig though. . .
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I dont think it'll be long before there's a 2 p90 model, one of the guys from Minus The Bear has one so its probably a 2014 model!

That dude who jumped from the rigging was a total spoon head, i didnt see it happen.
  • That's really nice, kinda like a Talman with a Blazer neck.

(Of course, they've probably released a new style which is more fitting since those guitars, which now makes me sound like an old git).
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Wow lovely.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10376
    tFB Trader
    Nice ... but wow that's a rough rout ... I hope they kick the geezer who did it's guide dog :)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• MarkGAKMarkGAK Frets: 118
    This is probably my favourite Ibanez available at the moment. Really simple, very versatile, and generally well put together. We did a video demo of it, and I was really surprised by how good it was.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    The rough pick-up cut is a bit ropey and to be honest its something i've never seen on any other ibanez ever, the mini humbucker and surround that i've ordered will cover that up though, i'm also going to have the coil tap moved from the tone knob to a mini toggle between the two knobs, not a big fan of pull pots!

Its a great sounding guitar as stock though, the bridge humbucker is vintage hot rather than modern hot, good body weight and sustain too.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    We can even see the rough cut from that photo!

How about a push/push instead of a pull - much easier to use quickly.