Visual Sound Liquid Chorus - possible fault - who's got one to compare ?

What's Hot
FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
Been on my pedalboard since I bought it, great range of chorusy sounds (verging even on phasery), but find I cannot get the speed low enough now, indeed the speed range seems limited to fast('ish) and medium.  

Cannot remember if it was always like this or have my tastes developed/changed ? Is it possible the speed pot could be faulty ?
"Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Hi Andy - contact Visual Sound's customer support!

I've modded the V1.0 Visual Sound Chorus as it's range isn't as good and the chip isn't as good as the V1.1

So they can really help there. A real easy replacement job :)

If this is one of the newer models I dunno are they SMD components?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Cheers Frank.  Not sure which model mine is, will check - and contact customer support !
  • Very surprised to find that they have discontinued the V2 Chorus.  Why ? It's fantastic. Maybe it was unreliable ?-)
  • Apparently not unreliable. I asked them, and they hinted it was more to do with sales. :( best chorus ever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sold mine earlier this year (back on MR, can't recall who too). That was a V2. It was just the size that put me off, I loved how it sounded.
  • I want a v2 h2o so badly, but they're rare... I saw one on eBay go for 50 quid but had no money. :(

Now they fetch more because they are discontinued. Naturally, that has increased the value...

So if anyone has one, I have a couple of pedals I'd swap :) maybe even my mooer amp!
  • GREAT SERVICE ! (Frank have pm'd you)

Hello,
    Sorry to hear about the Liquid Chorus.  There are a couple of things that may cause the speed knob to not work properly.  First, make sure that you are using a good regulated 9VDC (not AC) power supply.  If you’ve had it for a while than I’m assuming that you have good power.  Next, there are a couple of small ribbon cables inside the pedal that can cause trouble if one of them comes loose.  Remove the bottom plate and locate the ribbon cables by flipping the main circuit board up and out of the way.  Make sure that both the white and blue ribbon cables are seated properly and snuggly into the connector.  If one is sitting a little crooked it can cause problems.  If that doesn’t take care of it then you may have a bad pot.  Since you bought it in the US  you would have to send it back to us to have it fixed.  I’ll be happy to repair it  under warranty.  Let me know if you want to send it in. 

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,

Dana Weaver 
    Tech Support 
    Visual Sound LLC. 
    4922 Port Royal Rd. Ste. B11
    Spring Hill, TN. 37174
    931-487-9001
    www.visualsound.net
  • I wrote to them many moons ago saying I wanted a vs h2o but could only afford the v1.1, but wanted v2. I asked how different the circuits were, and they actually sent me exact differences, as well as an offer to send me the parts to upgrade an old one if I got one. They also answered all questions on my vs route 66 (to this day, my booteek beater).

They know service. The newer pedals don't often break, either, and the switches are fantastic.