Digging out old pedals... (plus Menatone Foxy Brown love)

Was playing around with my set up again today considering what to keep/sell and thought Id dig out some pedals I haven't really used in a while.

Can't believe how good some of them sounded and questioned why I hadn't been using them. Have many of you found yourselves in a similar situation? Decided I'm keeping my Deluxe Memory Man now as well as it sounds far too good to let go. Time to find space on the pedal board.... or buy a bigger board already!

Case in point of amazing sounding pedals... Menatone Ms Foxy Brown. Haven't used it enough really but sounds fantastic. Made a sound clip as well as was considering selling it but sounds too good to let go. Excuse the playing but thought I'd share as I know I've had a few questions in the past about the Foxy Brown.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1al25wjyy5huw0e/Foxy%20Brown.aac

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    The menatone is an astonishing pedal. Swept a BoR and a Wampler Superplex off my board. Mine is a very regrettable sale, but funds must be raised. If I get the funds I'm sure to withdraw it. It's a real keeper!

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I am a big fan of Menatone pedals but I've never been that keen on the sound of the Foxy Brown, from videos anyway. Is it modelled on a Brownface Fender? or a tweed?.

I do love my TBIAC, Blue Collar, Red Snapper, Workingmans Blues(2) though. Fantastic pedals.
    Funny you should say that hywelg. Never really considered it fender flavoured and most shops sell it as a 18watt inspired pedal:
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Yeah you're right, I'm getting it mixed up with the Dirty Blonde
    To be honest I've never seen it as a 18watt box (or Billy in a Box as I was it on another forum). It does give some marshally thickness, but it has character of its own.