Non-Guitar Centric Music

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 2174

@clarky - how am I getting on? Hmm, well, err, I've done naff all!

In my defence, we are in the middle of doing a house up, and selling this one, so its a bit frantic. My spare time is being spent shopping for stuff and co-ordinating builders etc. And crying at the bills!!!

Once we've moved, I will have a new recording setup - a  better space, more privacy and a new PC with fresh install. I will also have all umpteen of my guitars out of storage and to hand in racks. Hopefully the clean new install and space will inspire me. Its more a question of time, not will.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 2751
    Snap said:

@clarky - how am I getting on? Hmm, well, err, I've done naff all!

In my defence, we are in the middle of doing a house up, and selling this one, so its a bit frantic. My spare time is being spent shopping for stuff and co-ordinating builders etc. And crying at the bills!!!

Once we've moved, I will have a new recording setup - a  better space, more privacy and a new PC with fresh install. I will also have all umpteen of my guitars out of storage and to hand in racks. Hopefully the clean new install and space will inspire me. Its more a question of time, not will.

and in the mean time I've submitted 2 trailers to da boss man and have a 3rd about 80% done..

and based on my last chat with him, I have another 5 to deliver in the style of "Fantasy Warfare"
    these should be fun... crashing and banging and shouty
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • My apologies I think I may have posted in the wrong place. I’ll take it down. Thanks
    My apologies I think I may have posted in the wrong place. I’ll take it down. Thanks
    no need to take it down at all..

do you have anything you've done without guitars?
    if so it'll be cool to check it out..
  • Clarky said:
    My apologies I think I may have posted in the wrong place. I’ll take it down. Thanks

No just guitar I’m afraid. Cheers
    Clarky said:

No just guitar I’m afraid. Cheers
    time to explore the dark side then... lol..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    time to pop a new one in here...

here's another epic hybrid orchestral trailer

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2348
    Really interesting thread. I've got back into making electronic music (made a horrible noise years ago) and I find myself drifting more toward it for making music. I find it a lot more straightforward than trying to write a song on guitar but it's by no means easier. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

here's an existing piece with a re-written mid-section [at the request of the boss - cos he wanted something more rhythmic]

Really interesting thread. I've got back into making electronic music (made a horrible noise years ago) and I find myself drifting more toward it for making music. I find it a lot more straightforward than trying to write a song on guitar but it's by no means easier. 
    I personally find it more difficult [trailers]..
    juggling a full orchestra, choir, synths, loads of massive drums is a production nightmare..
    and also basically writing something that has to have all the contrasts of a symphony but is the length of a single.. lol..
    those little 2:30 to 3:30 pieces take months to nail...
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2348
    Clarky said:

juggling a full orchestra, choir, synths, loads of massive drums is a production nightmare..
    and also basically writing something that has to have all the contrasts of a symphony but is the length of a single.. lol..
    I'm just at home with 2 guitars, a midi keyboard and a PC trying stuff out. What you do sounds waaaaaaay more complicated. I'm learning stuff every time I turn the PC on so it's fun for me 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

Clarky said:

I'm just at home with 2 guitars, a midi keyboard and a PC trying stuff out. What you do sounds waaaaaaay more complicated. I'm learning stuff every time I turn the PC on so it's fun for me 
    no matter what you're doing or how difficult it is... fun is the killer thing.. you have to love doing it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 191
    Clarky said:
    no matter what you're doing or how difficult it is... fun is the killer thing.. you have to love doing it
    Top notch wiz (as is expected) from Clarky there.

Just getting into all this keys malarky myself ... been a long time since I played a piano so it's "interesting".  However, playing with EastWest samples is just filling me with joy so it's driving me to create ... yeah, some of it is utter garbage but I'm learning and having fun.

Now I just need to learn how all the instruments are SUPPOSED to interact to get a realistic sound.  So, cue lots of listening to Clarky and Daniele Gottardo!
    Bezzer said:
    Clarky said:
    Top notch wiz (as is expected) from Clarky there.

Just getting into all this keys malarky myself ... been a long time since I played a piano so it's "interesting".  However, playing with EastWest samples is just filling me with joy so it's driving me to create ... yeah, some of it is utter garbage but I'm learning and having fun.

Now I just need to learn how all the instruments are SUPPOSED to interact to get a realistic sound.  So, cue lots of listening to Clarky and Daniele Gottardo!
    if it makes you feel better...
    it took me over a year of failing before I managed to get a trailer accepted
    that piece was ok.. but nothing special [especially production]
    I spent many months [more than 6 in all] studying the work of others [including Zimmer, Shaw, Williams] to try to understand their production methods.. 
    then I had the eureka moment.. everything started to make sense.. and the production took a quantum leap..
    that piece was saved as a template and is now used as a starting point for every new piece..

if you want help about how to get instruments / instrument sections to interact, just shout