Noisy Dunlop wah

CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
Hey guys,

my dunlop wah has is hissing a bit when it's disengaged,, I think this started a few days ago, just troubleshooted the board and it is the culprit.

Bought for cheap on the bay..

As it is my first wah I was wondering if it is smth common and whether there's an easy fix etc..

Please post if you got any ideas..

Thanks,
T
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 522
    First up try a new battery
    Don't touch that dial.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72336
    edited November 2013
    Fez said:
    If it's not that, it sounds like the input buffer might be leaking noise into the bypass path - the pedal is 'half-arsed bypass' and so the circuit input is connected to the signal path even when it's switched off.

You could try replacing the input transistor, or - to kill two birds with one stone - convert the pedal to true bypass.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    ICBM said:
    Fez said:
    If it's not that, it sounds like the input buffer might be leaking noise into the bypass path - the pedal is 'half-arsed bypass' and so the circuit input is connected to the signal path even when it's switched off.

You could try replacing the input transistor, or - to kill two birds with one stone - convert the pedal to true bypass.

I though it would be smth like that, just couldn't put the words behind it... No battery.. Will try and sort out the circuit..