Possible looks for a walnut strat build

As some of you will have seen, yesterday I was unable to resist buying a Guitarbuild walnut strat body from Jooky. It was a totally un-planned purchase (I have no regrets!), so I'm still considering how I'd like the final guitar to look. One idea I have is for a white pearloid scratchplate, with gold metal bits, and black pickups/knobs. Found this pic:

Bit bling maybe, but I seem to like it! But any opinions or other ideas welcome, cheers guys! :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I like it :)
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Good god, if they hadn't just collected it, I would never have flogged it you ;)

No, that is nice :)

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I like it :)
    Cheers - one other person likes it at least, that gives me all the validation I need to go ahead with that one if I so choose!  :D
    JookyChap said:
    Good god, if they hadn't just collected it, I would never have flogged it you ;)

No, that is nice :)
    Lol - too late now...  :D Cheers Jooky!
    If anyone wants to do any of those mock-up graphic images to show how various combinations would look, do feel free - I don't have the software, and I'm too lazy... :\">  .
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Gold hardware, aged pearl 'guard/cover (I, ahem, might be able to help there), matching veneer on headstock.
    edited November 2013
    Richardj said:
    Gold hardware, aged pearl 'guard/cover (I, ahem, might be able to help there), matching veneer on headstock.

Does sound good Richard! :) Hadn't thought about the veneer, but a good idea to throw in, cheers.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    stain it purple, purple walnut looks great
    WezV said:
    stain it purple, purple walnut looks great

:D Cheers Wez! ...and I'm sure it does, but just not me I'm afraid. I have a tin of black grain-filler, so may use that, and then I think I'm looking at Tru-Oil (which I know you do superbly yourself). :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I VERY MUCH LIKE THE LOOK OF THAT! (oops! bloody caps lock)

Total win.
    axisus said:
    I VERY MUCH LIKE THE LOOK OF THAT! (oops! bloody caps lock)

Total win.

Cheers! :)  Having lived with idea for a while, I'm still very much liking it myself, so this would seem to be the likely direction I'm going in. Am currently thinking about the refinement of an aged or cream pearl scratchplate, rather than the white - may have to talk to you about that Richardj...

• Looks great  :)

I think cream or aged would tone it down too much - I'd stick with this...

Andy
  • Andyjr1515;91267" said:
    Looks great  :)

I think cream or aged would tone it down too much - I'd stick with this...

Andy
    This. Walnut works great with contrast.

If you do colour, go purple. Wez is not kidding (I thought he was when he first said it, then he showed a couple of examples and they were stunning). Otherwise, I love it. Gold works great, too.

Cheers guys! I'm sure Wez isn't kidding, and he knows his stuff, but I think it's going to be basically a natural Walnut Tru Oil finish on this one. I take the point about the contrast being good, but if it's not too deep a cream or aged effect...

No? I'm quite liking that myself I have to say...

• rprrpr Frets: 309
    Here's alink to a guitar builder site-select strat and switch parts to try different looks-there is a walnut body option

rpr said:
    Here's alink to a guitar builder site-select strat and switch parts to try different looks-there is a walnut body option

Well cool! Cheers rpr
    :)
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I might have a few bags of various gold screws and bits and bobs lying around here.
    Cheers Richard, I'll bear it in mind - nothing decided firmly yet, and actually I think I've got some bags of gold pickguard and pickup mounting screws left over from previous ventures (body is still in the transit to me). Did you have anything in the way of an aged pearl pickguard/trem cover btw?