I heard a Vox Night Train Combo yesterday.

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12363
It sounded brilliant, thick n fat but with that sparkle at the top, gorgeous little thing it was.

"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I really hated them.

That said, they sounded utterly unique and suit that love it, hate it attitude. It's like a super gainy ac style drive - maybe I play the wrong music :)

And very cool looking. And vox. Anything vox is cool.

Even the teardrop.
  • The new one? That looks like a suitcase?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • EricTheWeary;93851" said:
    The new one? That looks like a suitcase?
    New one?!

*googles*

Ooooo pretty.

• I was never that impressed with any of the Vox NT amps, until I heard the 50W head.

Dear god, that thing made some nice noises...it was a toss-up between that and the Jet City JCA50H (they were both the same price at the time - £500-ish).
    <space for hire>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72406
    I didn't mind them too much until I had to replace a blown transformer on one, and Vox UK were a complete pain in the arse to deal with - unhelpful and arrogant. I would think twice before dealing with them again, to the point I'm not sure I would accept another modern Vox for repair if it needed specific Vox parts.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Big fan of the original NT15 head.  Went out convinced I was after a Tiny Terror and came home with the Vox instead...less of a one-trick pony than the TT (cool trick though) and best clean tones/headroom of all those lunchbox heads.  Be interested to hear what they've done with the new version.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • ICBM said:
    I didn't mind them too much until I had to replace a blown transformer on one, and Vox UK were a complete pain in the arse to deal with - unhelpful and arrogant. I would think twice before dealing with them again, to the point I'm not sure I would accept another modern Vox for repair if it needed specific Vox parts.
    This is why we can't have nice things. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom