Beady Eye

What's Hot
menamestommenamestom Frets: 4723
edited November 2013 in Music
I've just seen Beady Eye on Chatty Man. That has got to be the worst live performance I've ever seen. If that was an animal, it would be humanely put down. My fault for taking my headphones out and watching 3 mins Of shite Friday night TV..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Our drummer's just been ranting on Facebook about Arcade Fire on Graham Norton. Not a good night for music on TV, apparently...
    <space for hire>
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    I had the misfortune of catching Bleary eye too.

Two word review. Shit Sandwich.
  • Beau Eye are just Oasis without he talented one. Bloody awful.

Arcade fire's new album is rubbish too. Just pretentious crap without the great tunes from the first couple of records.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    edited November 2013
    Disagree on the arcade fire bit, new album is really great. They've always been pretentious but they actually take themselves way less seriously than most other people seem to.

They had a bit of online backlash when they asked people to go to their recent gigs in formal wear or costume, but it was only to mix it up a bit from the usual stand and stare gig. The latest gigs kinda remind me of what the flaming lips were doing with their live shows back in the early to mids 2000's when they had a modicum of comercial success, trying to create one big party vibe. Another pretentious band I love!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I don't have a clue as to what Beady Eye sound like, but I can't stand anything about Liam G, the biggest tosser in the history of music.

Hmmmnnn ........ this is my second post today and I've already used the words Tosser and Twat. Considering that I usually try and be polite, not the best of starts to the day.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    edited November 2013
    I thought AF were 'most excellent' on Graham Norton - just shows that it takes all sorts .......

Went to see a 'boyband' called 5 Seconds of Summer with my teenage daughters - they were also 'pretty awesome', as were the support band Young Kato who I also saw headlining a couple of weeks ago.

Despite all of the negativity about current music, there are actually some great new bands out there - admittedly, Young Kato are 'rechanneling' the 80's, but they are young guys writing and playing their own stuff.

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I love Arcade Fire, and already really like the new album. The Suburbs took quite a while to grow on me. I've never seen them live, or seen any interviews with them, so I've no data to say if they're pretentious or not. (unless people mean that the music is pretentious, because it's a bit orchestrated, God forbid.)
    I'll have to look up that performance.
  • Liam Gallagher's voice is fucked, no wonder Noel Gallagher won't entertain talk of a reunion.
  • Liam Gallagher's  fucked, no wonder Noel Gallagher won't entertain talk of a reunion.
    FIFY. :D
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited December 2013
    Moved to Room 101
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Liam Gallagher pisses me off no end. What an absolutely gigantic prick he is.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12387
    Holy shit that takes perfunctory songwriting to a whole new level. Dreadful cat sat on the mat type crap. Fucking waste of space.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Have now seen the Beady Eye bit. Bloody hell. It's like all those bands in the late 90's trying to sound like Oasis but without any of the songs. Which is exactly what Beady Eye are, I guess.

And why do they have such ridiculous hair?
  • Also, I've not seen the Arcade Fire clip. I actually quite like this track, but it's hidden away at the end of the album so I'd half given up listening by that point. Still think they're pretentious :p

• Have now seen the Beady Eye bit. Bloody hell. It's like all those bands in the late 90's trying to sound like Oasis but without any of the songs. Which is exactly what Beady Eye are, I guess.

I saw them live at one of the Stone Roses Heaton Park gigs, that's the first time I've seen 100,000 people collectively ignore a band.  Then they played a few Oasis songs and people were interested again.  I was never an Oasis fan but they had some good tunes and it goes to show that's all you basically need, a tune that people can remember.  How they've managed to create something so unmemorable is beyond me.  They have the platform and everything payed on a plate and fail to write one song that anybody could remember. 
  • I think Gem should have stuck with Noel, he could be a High Flying Bird now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Holy shit that takes perfunctory songwriting to a whole new level. Dreadful cat sat on the mat type crap. Fucking waste of space.
    Or any place.
    Holy shit that takes perfunctory songwriting to a whole new level. Dreadful cat sat on the mat type crap. Fucking waste of space.
    Or any place.
    And when I see your face, I feel ace...Hey Chris, wanna collaborate?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Let's do it, mate.

Tickle my knee,
    With a chimpanzee,
    You fill my head,
    With the things you've read.
    Drink some tea, just you and me, sleep in bed and watch Juge Dredd.

Get it down to the publishers now
    "OUR TOSSPOT"