SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: G-Force Tuning System £70 Posted

What's Hot
strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2466
edited January 2016 in Parts £
Selling this as I've changed to a set of Kluson style tuners (I'm doing a refinish project on this guitar to make it more vintage looking later this year) 

Gibson/Tronical Type A G-Force tuning system

Works perfectly pretty much as new, all tuning gears work, no issues at all (all tuning gears working and no issues with tuner slippage etc), perfect condition.

Includes the mounting plate, 6 tuners, Li-ion battery, charger, worldwide adaptor, and quick start guide.

New these are £150+

Price reduced, £70 posted

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2466
    Definitely going now as I've spotted some smart chrome button replacements.
    Bump

Some more information as I've had interested parties ask about fitting.

Basically this should drop in to a modern Gibson SG or Les Paul with 10.5mm holes in the headstock.

It won't fit the 8.5mm holes in Gibson Historics
  • I'm not too up to speed with these things, but say I was about to build a kit guitar, and the neck (I think) is as yet un-holed for tuners, would it just be a case of getting the holes drilled correctly as per the size and hspae of the G Force thingummy?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited December 2015
    @thecolourbox As far as I'm aware, yes, if you get the headstock drilled according to a modern Gibson template (ie 10.5mm holes which are on modern Gibsons rather than 8.5mm holes which are on the Historic range), then the G-Force literally just drops in and works.

It doesn't require any additional fittings, and the control plate doesn't screw into the headstock or anything like that, it's held in place by the nuts on the machineheads.
  • Interesting, I shall check when I get home then whether my headstock is indeed as blank as I believe it to be.

I have one of these to make in the new year:

But I'm pretty sure that while the picture shows a drilled headstock, the neck I have is not

I'm thinking a Jetsons style guitar needs futuristic awesomeness like the robo tuners
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump with pics:

As you can see, Tronical Type A fitting (most SG and Les Pauls)
    Includes everything you see in the photos which is all you need for fitting, and I can forward you a link for the PDF of the full manual (there's lots of things you can do with it, including using heavy strings and using it on a baritone guitar etc)