Boss WAZA Craft pedals?

What's Hot
GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
Hi,do Boss WAZA pedals,sound better than the standard Boss pedals,are they worth the extra money?.
Never heard of them until i saw them in the shop Today.
Cheers,Graham.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The DM-2w is great, curious about the sd-1w.
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    Yep the DM-2w is great. I also have the BD-2w, which is like a standard blues driver in the normal mode, and when you switch to the custom mode it sounds like my old Analogman modded blues driver.

• DNHDNH Frets: 15
    Agree with the above; I just got the DM-2w for Christmas and it is a great analog delay - no clock noise or hiss and the repeats sit really nicely under your playing. It's a bit different to the SD-1w and BD-2w in that there is no cheaper current Boss analog delay to compare it to. I'd be curious to know if anyone on here has compared a standard SD-1 or BD-2 to the Waza versions?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    DNH said:
    I'd be curious to know if anyone on here has compared a standard SD-1 or BD-2 to the Waza versions?
    No, but I just read elsewhere that one key thing they've done with the SD-1W is fix the crappy buffer in the original. Not before time, and it's a shame it has to cost so much more, but you do at least get the Custom mode too...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Bump - more thoughts ?
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12900
    The CE-2W has also been getting rave reviews but it's also fairly expensive (more than a vintage CE-2). 

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Yes, I've owned the SD-1w and BD-2w and compared them directly with the standard versions, quieter, fuller, betterer.....

Just have to get past the mental black of shelling out £100+ 'for a boss drive' 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.

Still cheaper than most boutique pedals, or even a standard Ibanez TS-808 reissue.

The mental block I have to get past is the cheesy Waza Craft logo on the rubber pad...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    ICBM said:

Still cheaper than most boutique pedals, or even a standard Ibanez TS-808 reissue.

The mental block I have to get past is the cheesy Waza Craft logo on the rubber pad...
    True, I guess it's just the whole AMG Black vs Standard Merc, from the outside they look pretty similar. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I now have the Bd2w and dm2w. Both really nice pedsls. Both availabel 2nd hand for good prices.

Like all posh stuff overpriced new.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    I have a BD2 and BD2W. The BD2W sounds more hifi, a bit clearer than the BD2 in standard mode. I'm pretty sure it sounds better when bypassed too. I really like the BD2W, I have 2 on my board.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I have the SD-1W and it does sound more hi-fi than the regular SD-1.  
    I have the SD-1W and it does sound more hi-fi than the regular SD-1.  
    Hmmm... that's not a good thing, for me.

I'll have to try one.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    You bastards!
    Now I want to try all of them.