more dumble ridiculousness? or worth it??

What's Hot

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12315
    Oh dear. Howard Dumble, the Damien Hirst of amp building must be laughing his balls off.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    "Priced to sell" at ten grand. Bugger it, then, I'll take a couple

• I'd certainly expect the flowerpot thrown in. With the deeds to the house planted in it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • An amp would go for maybe £20k at the moment so in ratio, it's probably about right. Certainly not worth it though. Nothing that Zilla couldn't do.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Oh dear. Howard Dumble, the Damien Hirst of amp building must be laughing his balls off.
    I doubt it.....unless he very cleverly enforced a "sell on" clause guaranteeing him a cut of any future profits from sale. Whilst Dumbles amps and speakers commanded high end pricing back in the day, they were never anything like the resale prices that are asked for nowadays. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    edited December 2013
    All Dumble ridiculousness is ridiculous and not worth it.

But regardless of whether you think there's any 'magic' in the amps, this is six pieces of plywood, some tolex and other parts and an off-the-shelf speaker.

One grand would still be too much, but probably justifiable if you have a Dumble head.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein