SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

gone

What's Hot
handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1008
edited February 2014 in FX £

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27736
    edited August 2013
    Deleted the duplicate posts and released this from the Spam-check on the assumption that you've not joined up just to sell stuff ....
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1008
    Thank you very much. I'm sorry about that. They didn't show up initially so I tried again 3 times and ended up with duplicates. I'm not attempting to spam and have been a long time user back on music radar. 

Whoever set this forum up, thank you so much!!!! I was having withdrawl since music radar went down and this forum is actually way more user friendly and better. I'm glad to see all my old buddies again! ;-)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17702
    tFB Trader
    What do the extra switches on the Kingslayer do?
    One switches between diodes. (1n34a germanium originals and LEDs) the other adds some soft clipping diodes into the feedback path. Both switches seem pretty subtle to me and I can't notice a huge difference between the sounds. All sounds are awesome though of course on a klon style pedal. If you download the PDF on the project from madbeanpedals they will have all the info you need. Thanks for the interest.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11480
    I have one of handsomeriks pedals.  He does a very good job with them.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7180
    Me too. I have one of his KOTv4 clones and it is sweet. In fact I have an original KOTv4 and I much prefer the clone to be brutally honest. The AnalogMan one I had I thought was like a sterile 'Marshall Guv'nor whereas this one is far more 'amp like and natural sounding to me.
    Wow guys. Thanks so much for the compliments. I really enjoy building pedals and its great to know they are getting some good use.
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    Wow - I love that smokeburst paintjob!!  Did you do that yourself or buy it like that?
    I did it myself. I use acrylic rattle cans from halfords and then laquer them. I use a small toaster oven to bake them to get a hard and even paint job. Thanks again for the compliments.
  • Bump for price drops.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Really enjoyed listening to the delay on your board at the SE GasFest - spent more time on the delay pedal than these but the vibe did sound lush :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    heard these in person at the gear fest and that is the best sounding klon i have ever heard!
  • PM'd re: Kingslayer

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the compliments guys. Frankus, if you liked the delay I can part with it for £45 delivered if you'd like it. Usually it'd be £65-£70 but I've noticed that on some amps there can be a bit of an audible pop on engaging it. (Though there wasn't any pop through the awesome mesa 5:25 we demo'd.) I'd also be interested in trades if you have any offerings?
  • Robwright I don't have a pm from you I'm afraid. Please try again!
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited September 2013
    Robwright I don't have a pm from you I'm afraid. Please try again!
    Rob made a very easy to make mistake and wrote on your "Activity" page. ;)
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/profile/391/handsomerik

@robwright, the "Message" button is on the right, towards the top, on the "Activity" page. :)
  • vizviz Frets: 10740
    Lol, shit - must be careful of that!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.