Fishman Preamp Tuner problem

gazzaukgazzauk Frets: 36
edited January 2016 in Acoustics
The tuner on the Fishman preamp on my acoustic has suddenly stopped working. The preamp works fine, just nothing from the tuner. Any ideas why this would happen? This started a few months after I gave it to someone for a setup and one of the things he did was to change the bridge (no idea why!). I'm guessing this might well be related to the problem?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72336
    gazzauk said:
    The tuner on the Fishman preamp on my acoustic has suddenly stopped working. The preamp works fine, just nothing from the tuner. Any ideas why this would happen? This started a few months after I gave it to someone for a setup and one of the things he did was to change the bridge (no idea why!). I'm guessing this might well be related to the problem?
    No, not if the pickup works normally.

Does the tuner come on and not show the tuning, or not come on at all? If it doesn't come on at all it may be the push button - if it does come on but not tune, it's probably just died. If so it's unlikely to be repairable, most onboard preamps use surface-mount parts and are beyond the abilities of a typical tech - although Danny1969 may be able to help I think.

Problems like this are the bane of my life as a guitar repairer and mostly why I detest electro-acoustics...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• gazzaukgazzauk Frets: 36

The tuner doesn't come on, just no signal at all. Sounds like it might be terminal, then!