Impulsive GAS-Squier Vintage Modified Strat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10376
    tFB Trader
    Iamnobody said:
    I should add the finish is a bit translucent.
    Interesting, so's mine, I can see (in the right light) the joins between body pieces. It probably means it's thinner than the two pounds of dead plastic they coat most Chinese guitars with :)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Some of the sunbursts have seven pieces of wood. On mine a couple of the body pieces have flame ( on basswood ???? )

tFB Trader
    Hummm the Squier spec says basswood ... mine appears to be three pieces, though difficult to tell. Acoustically quite loud and resonant so whatever it is, it's doing its job okay.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    Yeah what you see through is not pretty! It's primarily the joins as you say...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    tFB Trader
    Mind you, I don't think I'd buy one to strip it :)
    Reminds me a little of the 'blockboard' era Fenders ... except with no real effort to cover it up. I'm still amazed at the feel and playability for the money. I have a Vintage Modified Tele as well and that has a lovely one piece maple neck ... paid £120 for that.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    very nice :D
  • I'm selling one of those for £110, the HSS version in Sunburst. 
    on the fretboard or locally?
  • I'm selling one of those for £110, the HSS version in Sunburst. 
    on the fretboard or locally?
    Locally,I have no safe method of posting.

• If I get a few bob coming my way, I'll get one of these, pop a wudtone trem on it, steel block and some of oil city's finest. Chuck some grover tuners on and voila, pretty much a pro quality strat for what, £300?

Sadly, I'll not get a few bob my way, but I love dreaming these ideas up :) I would love a strat.
  • Squier have come up with the goods in the past few years. Nuff said. That's a very pretty guitar you have there @cruxiform ;)
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    Thanks, I think so too :)