Album That Changed Your Life

What's Hot

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimi Hendrix Experience -  Are You Experienced, and several years later Joy Division - Unkown Pleasures(as illustrated above by Moss).

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2016
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_in_the_U.S.A.#/media/File:BruceBorn1984.JPG Then https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteria_(Def_Leppard_album)#/media/File%3ADef_Leppard_-_Hysteria_(vinyl_version).jpg
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    Machine Head - Deep Purple got it the day of release 1972 & it changed my whole musical outlook in the first play
  • "Hats" - The Blue Nile's second album released in 1989.  The first album that made me realise there was more to music than guitars.  Its beautifully crafted songs, a combination of the emotive vocals of Paul Buchanan and the inventive and the atmospheric soundscapes of Paul Joseph Moore combined with multi instrumentalist Robert Bell produced an album that even more than 25 years later, remains my favourite album off all time.
    If you haven't heard it, do yourself a favour and click on this link, preferably with your favourite drink and subliminal lighting

Music of rare beauty
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    edited January 2016
    AuldReekie;936800" said:
    "Hats" - The Blue Nile's second album released in 1989.  The first album that made me realise there was more to music than guitars.  Its beautifully crafted songs, a combination of the emotive vocals of Paul Buchanan and the inventive and the atmospheric soundscapes of Paul Joseph Moore combined with multi instrumentalist Robert Bell produced an album that even more than 25 years later, remains my favourite album off all time.If you haven't heard it, do yourself a favour and click on this link, preferably with your favourite drink and subliminal lighting

Music of rare beauty
    It is indeed a stunning record.... And probably my favourite of all time too.
  • Wiz'd...that's like a big call-sign in the sky for @richardhomer ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28175
    The God Machine's Scenes From The Second Storey. It was the turning point where I started to like angry music.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Sporky said:
    The God Machine's Scenes From The Second Storey. It was the turning point where I started to like angry music.

Fantastic album
  • Very early on I came across a cassette with two unidentified albums on it; one GREAT and one awful. It turned out that the great one was Bat Out Of Hell and the awful one was "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". :D

BOOH made me a rocker, and once Appetite for Destruction came out the deal was sealed.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    BEANO album ....John Mayall & EC, ...my mate at school got a copy the week it came out .....LP & 50w Marshall became my goal!
  • AllyAlly Frets: 64
    Good question.

My Bloody Valentine, Loveless.

Not directly due to the music but it certainly opened my awareness for what music can be, and for its approach to sound in general.

Even now, I still like music to be a soundscape for living.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Hungover, came home to my place (Yay, I scored) and dug this out that I had bought turn previous day.. I did the river dance on the bed, wanted to dye my hair grey and get dredds. What a fucking record!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6110
    This.. beyond anything.. 1970 and it still blows my socks off!

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    INXS's Kick. Virtually all killer tracks.

Totally changed my feel for rhythm

Hutchence was a God in his prime

One of the best rhythm sections ever and for my money the best and tightest band at playing as one unit. That phrase 'locked in' totally applies to INXS but they kept the feel and genuinely could swing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Genuinely? Appetite for Destruction. 
    Still my favourite to this day.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28175
    Fantastic album
    Too right. Really hangs together; it's a complete work, not just a bunch of songs.

Dredg's El Cielo and *shels Plains of the Purple Buffalo pull off the same trick but Scenes From The Second Storey is just epic.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2554
    Genuinely? Appetite for Destruction. 
    Still my favourite to this day.
    Given you a wisdom for that Thomas. As long as I've known you on the forums you've always stuck to your guns with Slash and G 'N' R. That's very cool.