HarrisCustomGuitars

What's Hot

Comments

• edited January 2016

Love this build. private stock Macassar Ebony figured top. White Limba Body, BKP aftermaths. Indian Rosewood neck with ziricote fretboard. Available for pre-order, and she'll be for sale at the guitar show in February.
    Custom Guitars from Harris Custom Guitars
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • edited January 2016

Semi-hollow bodies. Whats your thoughts....
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • After the guitar show, depending on the workload, we are planning to add another guitar into the range. What would you guys like to see? A monster of a bass, Harris Style....

Or

A fan fret, (multiscale) new guitar design....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Arbour pressed, nickel silver frets, Macassar Ebony fretboard with luminlay nearside dots. Clean, sharp aesthetics that massively enhance a high end guitar. Even though we do hand cut inlays, to me, unless carefully designed, they can take away from the professional look of a finished guitar. Less is more we think.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Every single build gets this level of detail, inside and out. Switchcraft, Schaller, CTS & Bareknuckle, all working in harmony.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27474
    The workmanship certainly looks top notch.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony;961454" said:
    The workmanship certainly looks top notch.
    I couldn't sleep at night if I let work out of a lesser standard, bit of a fruit cake I know!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27474
    I'll pop over to your showroom sometime .... or your show stand,
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.

Arbour pressed, nickel silver frets, Macassar Ebony fretboard with luminlay nearside dots. Clean, sharp aesthetics that massively enhance a high end guitar. Even though we do hand cut inlays, to me, unless carefully designed, they can take away from the professional look of a finished guitar. Less is more we think.
    Nice clean work.  I'm in agreement that less is more.  
  • TTony;961489" said:
    I'll pop over to your showroom sometime .... or your show stand,
    Yes Tony, will be only to glad to show you the guitars. See you on the 27th

• It goes without question, that guitars with natural finishes, are more likely to be able to express thier tonal qualities, through carefully selected timber combinations. However, we know lots of you guys love a full gloss, glass dipped effect on your tops. So we now offer this process on are guitars..... A high gloss polyester, (glass dipped) top, with the sides and back of the guitar finished in our beautiful oil blend, and then a final wax if the customer would like. This way, we can have that stunning deep gloss glassy top, but still have all of the tonal benefits of a natural finish on the rest of the guitar. Here's a few snaps of a hand-carved twin 7, having its custom midnight purple stain, which later went in to have a polyester top, and oil/wax body
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    edited February 2016
    I need to get myself one of these, partly because they are amazing, and partly because it'll have my name on the headstock!

Also, quick suggestion, Thinline Jazzmaster Style with a Bound Walnut top and Swamp Ash back and sides, then put some Mojo Pickups into it and you have yourself a bestseller.
  • edited February 2016
    olafgarten;961792" said:
    I need to get myself one of these, partly because they are amazing, and partly because it'll have my name on the headstock!

Also, quick suggestion, Thinline Jazzmaster Style with a Bound Walnut top and Swamp Ash back and sides, then put some Mojo Pickups into it and you have yourself a bestseller.
    I have no issue with making pure bespoke guitars for customers, they will just include the cost of designing any specific templates, that aren't in our design range. But that would only be a different body shape in your case. I think you should see a semi hollow body Abraxis in the flesh first before going with an existing design. Email me at info@harriscustomguitars.com and we can take this further, or come and see us at the guitar show.

• olafgarten;961792" said:

I have no issue with making pure bespoke guitars for customers, they will just include the cost of designing any specific templates, that aren't in our design range. But that would only be a different body shape in your case. I think you should see a semi hollow body Abraxis in the flesh first before going with an existing design. Email me at info@harriscustomguitars.com and we can take this further, or come and see us at the guitar show.

As much as I would like one, I can't even hope to afford it, especially as i'll be in Uni next year, thanks anyway.
  • No problem, we won't be going anywhere. We do offer a three stage payment scheme to make purchases easier for customers who can't commit to a full payment. So after the initial 30% deposite, the remaining balance can be paid in three equal installments.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770

Love this build. private stock Macassar Ebony figured top. White Limba Body, BKP aftermaths. Indian Rosewood neck with ziricote fretboard. Available for pre-order, and she'll be for sale at the guitar show in February.
    That is absolutely gorgeous! As others have said, the level of craftsmanship looks top notch.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.