NSD

I just bought an Arturia microbrute monophonic analogue synth.
Never owned a synth before.  Don't play keyboard.

It's amazing!!

I've just emerged from 'fiddling' to realise that two hours have passed.  Great fun.  I plan to use it for some basslines on some songs, the occasional crazy lead and lots of background sound mangling.

I'm quite mathematical and a fairly logical thinker so subtractive synthesis actually makes sense to me (at least so far, at this simple level!)

Just had to share!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    Nice one. Once you get your head around how synthesis works it's a deep and rewarding journey. If you haven't already, seek out the Gordon Reid synth secrets articles from sound on sound. Bit daunting as he covers pretty much all aspects but hugely informative nonetheless. I remember fiddling about with an OSCar many years ago, no idea what was going on but hooked me all the same.

Oh, and this thread is worthless without pictures / soundclips / videos. ;-)
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9619
    I popped into PMT this aftenoon and played with a Mininova. I was expecting it to feel cheap and plasticky but if felt solid and futuristic. I think I've found a use for that £300 that Swalec paid back after overcharging me...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom