Bigsby tuning stability

What's Hot
Any tips on how to tame the B string on my Epihone Riviera? The B string is not returning to pitch if I use the Bigsby to bend down. All the other strings are fine and if I pull up on the Bigsby, it all goes back into tune. I'm guessing the string is sticking somewhere, but not sure how to solve it.
Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    Is it sticking flat or sharp?

Sharp: nut, or possibly tuner post.
    Flat: bridge saddle.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks. It's sticking flat. I'm presuming some kind of lubrication would be necessary? Any recommendations? Anything to avoid?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    Have a close look at the saddle groove - if it's a tune-o-matic type (especially far-east-made) they can develop a burr in the groove, usually on the vertical face, which snags the string. You need to carefully smooth it out with a needle file.

Lubricating will help too, I use a tiny spot of standard lithium-based car grease. Don't overdo it, not only will it make a mess it will also damp the tone. (Really!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom