My band Lowrise have a new double a-single - New song at bottom

gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
edited March 2017 in Music

We're pretty proud of these two new tracks. They represent us a lot more than our ep from last year. We've been a band for over 18 months now, and we're all starting to find our collective groove. I hope.

Would like to hear your thoughts

https://lowriseforever.bandcamp.com/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    It reminds me of the last couple of Kings of Leon albums. Pretty well done. I like what's happening more musically than the singer.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

@Loobs cheers for listening!

• I like the drums on this .. A nice track, man!! Nice how it gets a bit heavier - it's almost a bit dreamlike, very good!

I think you should just whack a price on it. You know... if you see an album for a fiver and an album for a tenner, most people will go for the more expensive one. 

Cheers @thomasross20 !

We were worried if you had to pay to DL it, we'd get no listens. Thought pay what you think would work, I've paid a couple of quid for tracks before if I've like them.

Here's the other track

https://lowriseforever.bandcamp.com/track/alright

• I can hear the Cure influences and also a bit of Will Sargent in the more full-on parts of Only Forgot.

Alright I found a bit unsure of what it was trying to be, Only Forgot is the more accpomplished song for my money.

All good though, very professional sounding and not a bandwagon identikit Indie band by any stretch.

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I enjoyed it a lot - only got to hear the first song because the boss arrived in the office :D.

My only critique would be some pitchiness in the vocals. I like his delivery and general timbre, but there were times when he didn't sound *quite* in tune - it was only a matter of cents. Not sure how you recorded it but it could have been a monitoring issue.

Other than that nice job :)
  • I think it's a tricky one. You've spent time and effort to get this done. 
    I always thought a teaser (1min clip) was enough then whack a price on it. 
    Will listen to the other one later when I get a chance.
  • Off topic, but the pedant in me thinks you should correct those spelling errors in your lyrics on that Bandcamp page. Lyrics are important, and the spelling should reflect that really if you care about them ;-)

Has gone too far
    There's no worries

Cheers @RocknRollDave Yeah, Only forgot is definitely a lot more sorted as a song. Alright is fun to play, and we really like the "middle 8" bit, but we totally agree that it's not as strong. Cure comparisons are certainly welcome. Our singer/songwriter's favourite band is Joy Division. We're always trying to sound like a cross between REM/JoyDivision/Jesus and Mary Chain. We haven't managed it yet lol

@Cirrus Cheers for the listen. I guess the vocals can be quite a personal thing with respect to what you do and don't like. My preferred take was prob more "feels" than polished. But then again, my favourite singers are the like of Neil Young, Kim Gordon etc :)

@victorludorum I'll see that we get that fixed. Cheers!

It's new, it's different...

• rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Jolly isn't it :-(

Very clever song, not my thing at all, but it is very good.  I can see you doing that on Later without a doubt.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    @rlw haha, yes it's a bit miserable. Interestingly the main guitar hook from the start was supposed to induce feelings of euphoria, like Balearic. But our Joy Division loving singer got his hands on it :) 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    gusman2x said:
    @rlw haha, yes it's a bit miserable. Interestingly the main guitar hook from the start was supposed to induce feelings of euphoria, like Balearic. But our Joy Division loving singer got his hands on it :) 
    Also, consider this, I listen to Hank Williams to cheer me up.   I'm going to listen again anyway.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.