Cover version

What's Hot
LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
I've been asked to do a short acoustic set at a local club by a friend of a friend.

I intend to play mainly my own stuff, but will open and close with covers.

The opening number shall be "My My, Hey Hey".

Any suggestions for the closer?

(One acoustic, one voice)
"I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Isn't that song in two parts? I.e. "Out of the Blue" and "Into The Black"? Start AND end your set with it :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    I think its called, Keep on Rockin in the Freeworld!. Good Luck. :)
  •  

Isn't that song in two parts? I.e. "Out of the Blue" and "Into The Black"? Start AND end your set with it :)
    Dave wins
  • I feel you have missed the obvious, sure fire winning song for any occasion: Silver Machine.

OR, based on watching a lot of tv adverts, take a well known pop song, slow it down and try to imbue the words with some kind of meaning that they don't really have by singing in a slightly angst ridden way.

'I'm coming out, ugh, oh yeh, I want the world to know, ugh, I'm going to, uhh, let it show...'etc.

OR, Free Nelson Mandela. If that doesn't get a sing along I don't know what will ( Nine Below Zero shoved a very short version into their set last week when I saw them).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Eric's winning so far :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • A Christmas song (depending on when it is of course)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Isn't that song in two parts? I.e. "Out of the Blue" and "Into The Black"? Start AND end your set with it :)
    This is the correct answer.

Although I agree that Free Nelson Mandela at the moment would probably go down well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Although I agree that Free Nelson Mandela at the moment would probably go down well.
    If you wanted to stir it up Biko lest we forget
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Sing if You're Glad to be Gay - that sorts out the politically correct in the audience.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The answer was before me all the time - but thanks to all :)
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Psycho killer
    Ziggy Stardust
    Babylon - David Gray
    All along the watchtower - Michael Hedges (RIP) version -

edited December 2013
    Cerainly not BoRap, and the Hedges fails on the grounds that that is not a guitar.

All Along the Watchtower I do like (not the Hendrix version though), but I think I'm done :)
    Ultimately the solution was to move "My My, Hey Hey" to the end, and open with something else ;)