Mustang Wiring Mod?

IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
Would any of you chaps have a wiring diagram for the following mod I want to perform on a Mustang?

I want to swap out the pickups, then get rid of the switch nearest the bridge altogether and use the switch nearest the neck to select neck/both/bridge, then use the volume and tone as normal.

Any suggestions?

:)
http://www.ivisonguitars.com
(formerly miserneil)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    i can't be bothered to redraw it, but its a bit like this - just ignore the humbucker and the switch under it - imagine they are just another single coil

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    I don't have a diagram, but it's very easy.

If you number the switch terminals

1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8

as you look at it from underneath with 1 and 5 closest to the neck, connect 2 and 7 to the volume control (where the wire from the existing switches goes), connect 1 and 3 to the neck pickup (white wire) and 6 and 8 to the bridge pickup (white or yellow wire). Connect the two pickup black wires to ground, either right back to the volume pot if your new pickups have long wires, or leave the old ground wire from the volume pot to the switches in place, if it's easier.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein