Friday 13th

What's Hot
ROOGROOG Frets: 557
It's Friday the 13th, but hey I'm not worr.......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I thought my car had been stolen. Turns out I just parked it somewhere different this morning. That's a kind of bad luck.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Proved unlucky for me. Despite basically spending the whole day breathing down solicitors necks they still couldn't manage to get their are in gear and exchange contracts :(
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557

Sorry to hear that @PolarityMan, its been a long time since I last moved, I ended up having to get stuff couriered about over 60 miles each way to make it happen, cost me a fortune by nothing like the cost of it falling through.

My Friday was uneventful, thankfully

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    My evil boss emailed me on Friday to tell me that she'd been signed off until the 6th jan. Unlucky for her, bliss for me.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    RobDavies said:
    My evil boss emailed me on Friday to tell me that she'd been signed off until the 6th jan. Unlucky for her, bliss for me.

So that's where the spare "lucky riff" went.

You're welcome.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

It's also a kind of good luck too though eh Roog?

I went 15 miles into work, stopping at Screwfix to pick up some new ear defenders and the Transit tipper wouldn't turn off.  The key and barrel has been worn and dodgy for a while and apparently someone was snooping around the yard the other day, so I naturally assumed someone had tried to force the barrel and fecked it, yeah, just my luck on Friday 13th, even though I later  worked out that I was at work with it when they were apparently hunting around for scrap and the thing had been on the blink anyway.

Went home, unloaded all my tools cursing the fecker, luckily I have a back up transit for spares, so stalled it and took the barrel out of that and fitted it, now works like a dream, only took ten minutes to swap over, loaded my tools, cursing myself for being such a paranoid lazy twat and not doing it sooner and went back to work purchasing said ear defenders on the way, with the new key and barrel working perfectly and got rained on. 

I did have visions of causing a twenty car pile up and life time imprisonment when my steering locked at 65 on the dual carriageway due to my incompetance.  But again, I was just being paranoid and tested it on full lock first and it didn't happen.  LIfe is good.

So I woke up Saturday morning to find I had run out of toilet paper, but as luck would have it the girl who was staying last week insisted I buy a load more as I was running out.  Life is truly great.

So after being completely satisfied by taking a contented dump, I flushed the loo and weirdly the toilet water caught fire.  Odd.  Still, anyway, I merrily walked down to the yard, where I was disturbed to hear muffled cries coming from a pit trap that I had dug some years before.  I found a bloke in there so I sacrificed him to the dark lord as a small gesture of gratitude.  Then a spaceship landed and the crew on board, dressed in sparkly green uniforms insisted I was a brother of the long lost 13th branch of the illuminati and told me to come with them and took me away.  I had a long chat with Ozzy Osbourne who, as it turned out was piloting the ship, whilst we listened to Black Sabbath on the way to planet fartmoose.

No not really, in truth, the last part was fictitious.

Negative collective consciousness is bad news voodoo.  I don't believe in superstition.  You make your own destiny. 

If you believe in bad things, then bad things will happen.  This is what Ozzy told me.  I am stupid enough as it is.

They did have some exceedingly good steak sandwiches though, some really nice kind of marinated pulled beef with a cheese melt and special sauce on fresh ciabatta rolls on board the spaceship though.  I do remember those though.  What? OH Nooooo Not meeee......

Backdoor Children Of The Sock