The official 'Its the weekend, lets eat like Kings' thread

What's Hot
Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
edited December 2013 in Off Topic

Mr.s D is out on her xmas work do tonight, so I'm stopping at the shops on the way home to get a great big steak, a bottle, of red, and a bottle of whiskey.

Then tomorrow we're decorating the kitchen so we're having pizza

Then out for Sunday lunch on err Sunday.

Splendid.

(though I'm not sure who to feel sorry for the most; my wallet or toilet)

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    have a large slab of rump in the frigidaire,  probably for tomorrow I think.........not sure what to have tonight............pasta or gnocchi I think, or maybe steak and that tomorrow..........hmmmmmmm
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Hot n Spicy chcken wings with a side of Encona Hot Pepper Sauce tonight, washed down with lashings and lashings of JD.

Wandering round Hyde Park tomorrow afternoon with the little princess and her mum to have a look at the Winter Wonderland cobblers so will probably have a filth burger off a van or somefink.

Tomorrow night I'm out on the town with a new laydee so we'll probably get something we can eat as we wander along the river so she gets a bit cold and holds onto my arm for warmth and comfort. Kerching
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  •  Liquid dinner tonight courtesy of The Hampton (hehe) pub in Brighton. Can't wait.

just picked up a corn fed free range ostrich sized hen at tesco's, for £5 (down from £13)  so thats tea sorted.   Spatchcocked, rubbed in herb and garlic butter and roasted..........nom nom
  • celery sticks and hummous with a couple of Bah Humbugs in the fridge with my name on it tonight
  • Waitrose played a blinder. Big fat TBone steak, bottle of erdinger, a bottle of roja, and Woodford Reserve bourbon £6 off. Result!!!

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

edited December 2013
     a bottle of roja,
    wassatthen ?

:D
  • Lol it's a new wine I've invented

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2563

Waitrose played a blinder. Big fat TBone steak, bottle of erdinger, a bottle of roja, and Woodford Reserve bourbon £6 off. Result!!!
    Mmm Erdinger. Love German beer, Paulaner is a great beer too.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Had a lovely Indian delivered.
    My V key is broken
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Didn't realise you were into people-trafficking.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3913
    Last night: 1" thick rump in diane sauce. Potato rosti, roasted cherry toms, garlic and parsley mushrooms.
  • Your liver by the sound of it 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12387
    Last night garlic roasted chicken thighs with crushed potatoes and oven roasted veg, courtesy of g/f, who's a wonderful cook. Followed by a gig and a few beers.

Tonight, smoked salmon in dill & cream sauce with pasta, courtesy of me. Smoked salmon courtesy of sainsburys, Half price : result!
  • Weekend started last night - Christmas curry with the band. Paid for it this morning, though.

I may or may not be popping into town to grab some venison later...
    <space for hire>
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I did pan seared scallops the other day - oh good lord they are nice, I can see why they're on Master Chef so often.

unfortunately I've come close to running out of monies this month (it's a week to pay day, so having any money left means I'm unusually flush... but with an early pay day and loooooooong January to get through I don't want to go mad spending it) so I don't think I'll be eating anything special this weekend
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Saturday is Takeaway nite! Probably chinese. Always costs me a fortune though as there's me, the wife, our 4 kids and sons girlfriend in tow. Big Sunday roast tomorrow.