New Dave Edmunds CD

TTonyTTony Frets: 27480

Simple.

Repetitive.

Just the same as all his other stuff (the good stuff anyways).

And totally, foot-tappingly, hum-alongly, turn-it-upply, Brilliant.

It arrived during the week, but I've only just had the time to stick it on. 

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    You've convinced me to check it out. I loved girls talk when I were a lad.
  • Two of my favourite DE songs are Get Out Of Denver, and Crawling from the Wreckage (which contains a now cringe-inducingly racist word, but that's Graham Parker's fault, not Dave's).

I saw him at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester in 1980 when he still had Rockpile. They did an absolutely storming 45 minutes then buggered off without doing an encore. The same crowd that was bringing the roof down was booing him within minutes. Only time I've ever come out of an evening gig to see it was still light. Strangest end to a gig I've ever known.

Didn't stop me thinking he's great generally, though. I just wouldn't go to one of his gigs again. :)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • He was a huge hero of mine when I was a kid... Love most of his records and finally got to see him live on a Buddy Holly tour with Albert Lee (Strange but true!). Got to talk to him after but he was in bad form - the tour guy had fecked off with the cash or something I believe!

Was great to see him on the Seville expo '92.

I saw the video he's made for his new single over on the Classic rock magazine page and unfortunately its extremely home-made ;(
    Ah well, I dont give a hoot bout videos really anyway!

Will have to check this out  ;)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life