Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your first fight

What's Hot
bertiebertie Frets: 13570
primary school, I was about 6 I think. Some twat took something I wanted off the "nature table!

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
 just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Apparently I was sent home from play school after punching a boy in the sandbox... I don't remember it but my mother remembers having to come and collect me and I had a letter for her.

Aaand first one I remember: I was sent home from primary school... after a boy bear hugged me and wouldn't let go so I headbutted him till his nose bled ... I vaguely remember sitting in the headmistresses office covered in someones blood waiting for my mother to pick me up.
  • IslandapeIslandape Frets: 64
    edited December 2013
    Not much of a fighter, the only one I can remember was how I got expelled from the cubs...

...two little twonks, one nicked my cap and took turns throwing it from one to the other to try and get a rise out of Mr Aspergers.  My logical mind went "Deck one of the little sods and there's no more problem picking up the cap"

Getting seriously off topic here, but many adults in authority seem to have an issue dealing with bullying, but are all to ready to "Discipline" the kid who gets to the end of his tether and snaps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27684
    Islandape said:
    Getting seriously off topic here, but many adults in authority seem to have an issue dealing with bullying, but are all to ready to "Discipline" the kid who gets to the end of his tether and snaps.
    Because it's the far easier option?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'll let you know when it happens.
    My V key is broken
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Myranda;105260" said:
    Apparently I was sent home from play school after punching a boy in the sandbox... I don't remember it but my mother remembers having to come and collect me and I had a letter for her.

Aaand first one I remember: I was sent home from primary school... after a boy bear hugged me and wouldn't let go so I headbutted him till his nose bled ... I vaguely remember sitting in the headmistresses office covered in someones blood waiting for my mother to pick me up.
    Never heard them called that before.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6165
    Me and my twin brother from day zero until I was 20. We spent most of our youth scrapping and beating 10 bells out of each other.. but of course no one else was allowed to hit him and we always stood together against 'outsiders'. 
    Strange isn't it, I hated him in my youth but now we are the best of mates.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

I always thought fighting was pretty stupid and most of the time was so half cut that I just stood there as a punching bag and the situation never even got my adrenaline up or I walked or ran if it looked like I was outnumbered and they meant business as life is too short for additional brain damage.  Guess I never felt like I thought anything was worth fighting over.

The first real one was when some geezer tried to stab me with an eight inch carving knife.  Domestic incident which most are I think and I didn't have any choice or anywhere to go as it happened so fast and was pretty much cornered.  That was a bit different.  

It was an adrenaline fuelled thing though, like having a wild animal that eats humans pass you by, whilst smelling you in the wild or chase you, had that happen too unfortunately enough, so that is why I know it's the same feeling.

I'm pretty laidback, nothing but nothing stresses me out, but I don't think my heart rate went down to normal after about 8-12 hours, although at the time I was acting on instinct and was very calm, I didn't think I just acted, but once I got the advantage I did go ballistic. Uncommon for me, I never get mad ever and find it really hard to get so, I always seem to have this annoying habit of seeing the good qualities in people, even though I wish I would lose it sometimes, like when approaching people who have stolen my stuff or something for example.  

As I remember it was very hard to try and stop myself killing him and I remember that I really wasn't going to stop until I was satisfied he was no longer breathing because I knew damn well he was out to kill me.  Glad that I didn't though, as aside form the jail term, most of this violence crap is just spur of the moment stuff caused by some small stupid reason or alcohol and has little to do with who the person is in real life or their better qualities and it all goes off in a split second.

Still I can understand why some people like the buzz fighting for your life gives you, is carnal I guess.  I don't though, What scares me most thinking back about it, is not the fact he might have killed me, but how I managed to stop myself from killing the fella.  I didn't know I had that in me and don't really like it. It was like some sort of robotic trance killing machine mode, everything happened so fast it was all on instinct, but I do remember once I was in that mode it was incredibly hard to turn off and walk away..

Fuck fighting, unless it's organised and in a ring or your life depends on it.  Too many people killing each other needlessly as it is for no decent reason.  Fighting is for poofs. (And I mean that in a way that isn't referred to as being a derogatory remark towards to homosexuals, whose sexual orientation I couldn't care less about and is neither here nor there).  Maybe I've led a sheltered life, I try to, but I generally try and avoid confrontations with people who are doing their best to kill me and won't stop until I'm dead.  lol.

On the whole I think violent people with a short fuse who are vocally or physically violent are just annoying, unless they have a really valid reason for being like that or just too plain stupid to see the potential consequences of repeatedly stamping on, or using a crowbar on someone's head.  They get a few slaps back but it seems pretty ridiculous to me and mostly annoying.  Life is too short.

Yeah I think violent people are a PITA to be honest.  Now...where did I put my cardigan..

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    My cousin used to punch me a lot, he was smaller than me back then.  One time he punched me continuously for three day, then all of a sudden I hit him so hard it almost broke his jaw.  He never did it again, but that wasn't the point.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Had a few playing rugby, but that's kinda expected from a prop.........

I don't remember, but I was (so I'm told) sent home from primary school, with a letter, for lumping another boy, then flushing his plimsolls down the toilet.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My first fight wasn't so much a "fight" as a 10 second incident. It was in my last year at primary school - the school bully (who we all gave in to) had been terrorising everybody for years, but one day he and his crony decided to smash the Easter egg I'd painted, just as we were all walking out to meet our parents to go home.

I don't know why that particular act sent me over the edge, particularly since it was him that ended up covered in chicken menstruation. Hell, I hated art and I hated religious stuff almost as much - I was only going to chuck it in the bin when I got home anyway. I think it was the fact that they were laughing so much. I punched him in the face pretty damn hard (knocked him off his feet) and shoved his mate into the bushes.

Of course, at that point I realised what I'd done, and absolutely legged it out of the school before even the teacher who was standing five feet away could react. I later found out from my parents that the teacher "unofficially" told them she didn't even try, because nothing they'd tried had straightened him out and it was the first time anyone had stood up to him.

The pair of them left my mates and I alone after that. Didn't see him again after we left school, until I bumped into him as I was leaving the pub about 10 years ago. He bought me a pint as an apology (I got the impression he'd been buying a lot of those for people over the years), and we sat chatting for a couple of hours. He had a bit of a tough life growing up - his parents were proper assholes, from what he told me, and didn't do their job particularly well - and looking back I can sort of see why he'd treat people the way he did.
    <space for hire>
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I was never an 'active fighter' in my teens, but rarely shied away from confrontation if my senses were functioning reasonably. Never got any buzz from it, more of a "Who do you think you are to try and needlessly dominate me for no reason?" type of thing. Often got kicked senseless because I simply i) was too pissed ii) couldn't be arsed to retaliate iii) it did not interest me.

But I recall one night out, involving alcohol, although I was by no stretch of the imagination pissed, that one chap decided to centre his attention on me from pub to pub. With his cronies. Naturally. I tolerated it for as long as I could, and I'm an extremely tolerant chap, really I am, more so now 20 odd years later. Then I just thought nah, we're off now. Tore him to bits. Nothing long term for him, and bearing in mind he was a local 'fighty kick boxy hero' type knob end. I'd just had enough. Don't think I've hit a person since. Gave me a bit of a shock in honesty. I had no bother from that lot after either.

One of my children (the boy's nearly 6) was as good as gold at school until he hit Year 1, now subject to bullying from the local product of scum. Gets wrong  off the teachers for defending himself. I've advised the staff it is their job to monitor all behaviour, and that I have and will continue to do so, given my permission and encouragement for my son to defend himself. He does so admirably (4 onto 1 on a daily basis simply isn't sporting) and he seems to appreciate there's nothing 'fun' in violence, but that he has a right not to be in fear.

Life's too short I feel. Unless someone is unjustly threatening my family, wife or kids, and actually the cat as of late, I simply can find better things to do.

Ah ha, vodka o'clock, as I bought the wrong one (should be gin o'clock).

"You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."

I don't have kids, but that is an interesting point.  I wouldn't know what to tell them if I had.  I guess all you can do is make sure they are getting their three square meals, enough exercise and enough love and support and confidence building at home so they can make their own decisions for themselves.  I got bullied at school but it didn't last long.  Soon enough I was friends with the bullies and the afflicted all the same, I was always on the fence.   Rough and problem kids mostly had self esteem issues or parents who couldn't give two shits about them or just couldn't see what was wrong with what they were doing or had mental issues.  Habitual victims usually just couldn't see the wood for the trees.  But I always felt like everyone had something to bring to the table.  I think the hardest thing for school kids to bear is the betrayal by former friends and broken trust and mental belittling from their peer group, as everything seems so important back then and you're only lonely in a crowded room and all that and you're kind of stuck in several all day long.  Once you are mentally broken, it doesn't take much to push you over the edge.  I feel sorry for those kids these days, especially with the internet about.  But unfortunately that is life, you have to learn to stand up for yourself and not give a toss about the bullshit sooner or later as it will destroy you, you use what you were born with and rest easy with it..  It's not about bucking up, as we were taught, more about just not giving as much of a deep toss about it.

It's also why I have string feelings on enforced gender selection on transsexuals in the west.  it's a barbaric practice, worse than female circumcision in my book.  Poor kids. They are gonna get ripped whatever they do, all this does is cause them even more confusion as to who they are or make their adult lives more complicated.  Still I am not a transsexual so what do I know.   

Anyway I digress.  lol.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Damn, wrong thread. It's your fault, you wanna fight or what? Outside Now!

:D

I was about 9 and I tried to split up a fight between two of my mates while we were playing football. The one who felt most aggreived then started on me, so we ended up scrapping for a few mins while my other mate stood bewildered at what was going on.

It was a draw in the end. I think we all came to our senses.

I've not had many proper fights. I did have a brawl with someone I didn't get on with when I was about 25, we were both the worst for drink. He came off worse. I didn't feel good about it but somehow I knew we would end up coming to blows at some point.

I'm a big lad but I'm quite slim build, however, I think the way I look tends to make people think twice. I don't like violence and always try to avoid it, but shit happens as they say.

:-B
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I've worked on a few doors, and never got into a scrap on any of them. Surprisingly. 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    @Sambostar thou hast been Wisom'd.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17669
    tFB Trader
    First one I remember was someone at high school taking a dislike to me and winding up for a massive haymaker. All I could do was turn to the side to avoid an almighty punch in the stomach. As a result he ended up punching me square in the hip bone and dislocated his thumb. 

I made quite a bit of my opponent having to go to hospital without mentioning I didn't manage to throw a single punch.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Ha, justice.
    My V key is broken
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Don't think I've ever been in one actually, I'm not one for physical confrontation, never have been.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Never been in a proper fight, but I seem to have this aggressive mental streak that I try to keep under control. I think I must have been some mad, hard nut in a previous life. I'd probably be useless in a fight but I'd throw myself infront to defend any family member.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited December 2013
    I've managed to avoid getting involved in fights as far as I can recall. Which is strange because I've inherited some of my mother's fiery temper, although unlike her, I've managed to keep it in check, which is good because I'd probably get a good pasting.

A few years ago she used to work in Sainsbury's. She was on the baccy counter, serving a bloke, when he dropped a pound coin. The chap behind him picked it up and before he could say anything he got lamped one by the bloke that had cropped the coin. My mother, aged 66, grabbed a galvanised bucket, and hit the assailant over the head with it.

I'm still surprised she never got done for assault, but there you go.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom