Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your first fight

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Only ever had one fight when I was 11 outside school with a kid who thought I was posh. I'm not - I later learned his dad had been in the army so he'd been brought up on military bases. I got one punch in and then got floored in a flurry of blows - it didn't hurt much physically. It was just the embassasemnt and shock at finding myself flat on my back. The kid who put there ran over all concerned and apologised - we became mates after that. Turns out his dad was an army physical fitness instructor and boxer and this kid had been boxing from the age of 8. He was pretty handy guy to have around - he did well on the amateur boxing circuit whilst we were at school.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
     My mother, aged 66, grabbed a galvanised bucket, and hit the assailant over the head with it.

Your Mum is awesomes.   B-)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Even Octatonic wouldn't want to fuck with my mum.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Was always getting into fights, but I'll never forget walking around primary school nutting all the lads because I'd seen yozzer hughes do it on the telly. I was smart like that.

One lad didn't get the artistic statement I was trying to convey and went to tell on me, so I did I deal where he nutted me instead. He seemed satisfied and I learned a valuable lesson. 
    :-S

And come to think of it, years later this same snitch was getting battered by two lads from another school outside a house party. I ran out and laid into them and he abandoned me! Ha. Luckily they scarpered after a couple of indignant flails and I was hailed a hero.

To finish the story: the snitch/coward ended up in court for hitting his missus a few years back and I wouldn't hurt a fly.

So there you go. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was very thin in high school and in the first year this lad made a beeline to bully me every time he saw me until one day on the school fields he started again and i saw red and just punched him in the face.
    He went down - didnt do it again, however he died in the same year when a tractor crushed him.
    Weird.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    you know,  I never really expected this thread to get more than 1 or 2 replies..................and then die..........

you violent bastards you.........................     :D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket said:
    Don't think I've ever been in one actually, I'm not one for physical confrontation, never have been.
    I'm the exact opposite - congenitally incapable of standing down. My first fight was the first day at school, and because I won, sadly led to a lot more.  It's like those gunfighter movies - every upstart wants to take down the top dog. Last bloke I took on punched my son in a football match (felled him from behind) and it was only when I got up to him I realised how big (and strong, and well-trained) he was.  As we sat in Casualty, I said to my son, "Some you win, some you lose, but you gotta stand up for yourself. Cowardice hurts way more than a broken nose."

Sure I'm probably wrong.  But that's the program. Peace & Love.
    :)>- 
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    I said to my son, "Some you win, some you lose, but you gotta stand up for yourself. Cowardice hurts way more than a broken nose."
    Sue ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • I'm a lover not a fighter. Couldn't punch my way out of a paper bag.
    Use Your Brian
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    edited December 2013
    hungrymark;106676" said:
    I'm a lover not a fighter. Couldn't punch my way out of a paper bag.
    Same here. I was the original 9 stone weakling when I was a teenager (and 6 foot plus to go with it.). The only fight I ever got in was with a new kid at senior school. He joined a couple of years after the rest of us and was trying to make a name for himself so he didn't feel so isolated. He made my life a misery for a few weeks until I finally snapped and grabbed him by the throat. He promptly gave in and never bothered me again. We became good mates after that.

• It helps that nobody has ever wanted to fight me, which is odd because I can be a cocky little shit when I feel like it. I'm 5'9", 10 stone 7lbs and clearly went to public school so I don't suppose I'd present much of a challenge. Maybe that's it.
    Use Your Brian
  • To finish the story: the snitch/coward ended up in court for hitting his missus a few years back and I wouldn't hurt a fly.

So there you go. 
    So, to summarise...you started him on a path of violence which ended up with him (possibly) getting sent down?
    <space for hire>