Keyword spam on the bay of evil..

What's Hot
usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
Is it me, or is it fucking annoying. Lately, thanks to a thread on here, I've started a saved search on the bay, for 'Gibson' SG's. So, I hit the search button, and there's all bloody sorts of copies with Gibson in the title/link, coming up in my search results. Yeah, sure, I'm after a Gibson, but I'm happy to wade through endless 'Vintage' and 'Johnny fucking Brook' copies, FFS!
 so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    The miniature guitars are the ones that get me. Who buys the fucking things? :? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    @IanSavage - More importantly, who keeps listing them in the section Musical Instruments -> Guitars? Can I fucking play it? No. It's an ornament.
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Trawling past the Epi's is a mare as well. especially the ones that some weirdo insists on putting tele bridge pickup in the neck position !
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I'm actually on the lookout for an Epi Les Paul at the moment, and I keep seeing ones that bellend has butchered.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    IanSavage said:
    The miniature guitars are the ones that get me. Who buys the fucking things? :? 
    Al Gordon
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Add some minuses to your search, eg. "Gibson SG -copy -epiphone -brook" :)

You can 'minus' anything to narrow your search.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Yes, Ian, the ornaments are a pain, too!
    Thanks Rox - I'll try minuses.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Posters and adverts cut out of magazines :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Irritates me when you see 'Shite Cambodian Guitar Made With Grade B Rice With Gibson String'.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    edited December 2013
    Post deleted. (Didn't realise that Rox had already pointed out the minus sign trick.)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    It's very annoying :))

What I find annoying too (slight tangent) is when manufacturers choose a brand name which makes it almost impossible to google (or even search on ebay, phew not as big a tangent as I originally thought! :D) for information, say reviews and forum posts and the like.

Like when a valve amp company calls itself "Valve amps" or some guff like that. Really? That's the best name you could think of? :))

Thanks for the heads-up on the minus trick, by the way, @Rox, I wasn't aware of that :))