computer table/ desk thingy?

We need something to use a computer ( tower, monitor, keyboard) on in the back room. I don't want a big home office type desk and although there is no colour scheme to follow I don't like acres of wood effect finish mdf, yet my budget is fairly limited. My thinking hasn't gone beyond Ikea, tbh, and nothing there is grabbing me.
Any ideas where else to look?
Something simple yet functional really.
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33819
    Look on ebay for a small vintage desk type thing.
    I bought an authentic 1930's art deco dining table a few years ago for 35p- you can get some amazing bargains especially at this time of the year.
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    Worth having a look in second hand shops/ local classifieds-seem to be turning up quite regularly recently-maybe with the rise of laptops/tablets etc.  I bought an aluminium one,demo, shop floor one from PC world (IIRC) for a £10 a few year back-kinda the price they go for used.
  • Yes, probably not so popular now ( we had one years ago and threw it away!). Will check PC world, quite obvious really! :-B
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33819
    Staples do ok stuff too.
    I bought my office chair from them.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I'm planning on making a computer desk next month...

Have not-much-space and flat screen monitors... so want something with a nice vertical bit to "wall" mount screens onto, enough space for a keyboard - and a huge gaming style mouse mat - perhaps just big enough for a gaming surface like the Goliathus... with a little extra space for a joystick and a gaming pad.

All while trying to lose as little room as possible... 

Going to be made from 1" MDF but designs are are somewhat far from finalised at the moment
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616
    I have a black one that has the sliding keyboard bit plus a bit below for the printer. It also has a top pc that encloses a 20" flat monitor with a shelf above. But you can leave the top pc off & just use it as  a desk. It is fully dismantled at the moment.  If yr budget is limited & you are local to RM5 you can take it away as a freebie.See below
    Could probably ship but would be a real pain in the ass & cost £15 maybe £20

Cheers
    Baz

In ikea did you check out just a plain table top with legs like this 

Clean & tidy & cheap.

Cheers Baz

• @bazxr very good of uou. However, we need space for a 22" monitor so I don't think that would fit.
  • What about a glass one? Something like this, but ebay has plenty of choice if you search "glass desk"

@bazxr very good of uou. However, we need space for a 22" monitor so I don't think that would fit.
    If you leave the top unit off the 22" will fit...but no worries...offers there if you need it
    Cheers
    Baz