NCD (Finalisation of rig day too!)

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962

So from this very forum i managed to pick up a very good condition Mesa vertical 2x12, absolutely no hassle either! 

It finalises my rig (for the next little while anyway!), its a simple, no frills rig that'll fit in the boot of my little citroen c3 if required!

Love the cab, a/b'ed it against the orange ppc212 and its more open, has better definition and seems to deliver slightly more volume. Absolutely perfect companion to my little F30 head. Chuffed with the rig, one of the best i've owned in the last 18 years of playing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Great cabs. What speakers are in it? They did a couple of different combinations over the years.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I believe its v30's.

I do think that Mesa have consistently made the finest cabs of the modern era. I always seem to get on with their cabs, i've had others from Framus, Orange, Genz etc but i always struggle with them being very directional and bass heavy on stage.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I wasn't sure what they were putting in them now - originally they had a Celestion Black Shadow 90 in the top and an EV in the bottom, the bottom being closed and the top with a removable back, but these cabs don't look like yours (metal grille). I thought at one point they were doing something similar with a V30 in the top and a Black Shadow in the bottom, so I wondered if yours was that. The Rectifier one (which has a Mesa badge not Mesa/Boogie) is definitely two V30s.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    As far as i'm aware its 2 v30's, its a completely closed back model.