Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2»

Comments

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Yep. Martin is great to deal with, very accomodating and can build just about anything you want..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Cool .. like the vids and the amp looks and sounds great!

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Well tasty looking head! Enjoy ;)
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    sugoi! Let us know when you decide to sell it ;)
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    Looking good!

Finally complete. unfortunately due to work i'll probably not be able to collect it until this weekend. (apologies for the crappy smartphone pictures)

• I know looks are irrelevant, but that looks really great!
  • Love that Tolex! Hope it sounds as good as it looks! Handbuilt/wired is the way to go...!

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    love the global master, i find this very useful in my LSS.can it be bypassed and just use the volumes of each channel? the plexi-hi gain knobs at the back are boost flavours of some sort? is this an additional gain stage this with the gain and volumes? Looks like a very smart amp, Well done Si.
    To be honest.. I don't know about the volumes as I've not got my hands on it yet and that was never a requirement when I spec'd the amp. All I asked for was individual channel volumes so I could balance them to be the same volume. I assume you could set the global master to max and just use the channel volumes to control it if required, that would probably make it almost like a non-MV marshall. 

The knobs on the back are almost like a built in tube screamer, gives the ability to add either more gain, more volume, or a combination. I wanted them individual for each channel, and foot switchable.  Very useful for solo boosts where you want that little more gain too.
  • Hi everyone, Si pointed me in the direction of this forum and thread, so I've signed up to comment and answer any questions.  Thanks for all the kind comments so far, this project has been a real pleasure from start to finish.  

Just to clarify one point, the master volume can be maxed out if not required, it does help make the amp controllable at lower volumes (it was listed in the original spec list above :)    

Most of you won't have heard of Stoneham Amps before, I started out the company in 2011 and now run it full time, still as a sole trader.  I'm happy to keep it that way, I have plenty of work and prefer taking my time on orders such as Si's, than attempting to build a huge corporation. More exciting to let it grow naturally and see where this takes me!  

Martin

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Welcome to the forum, and you have excellent taste in tolex! ;)

Seriously, it looks like you did a great job.
    Picked it up this morning, perfect timing as it's my birthday today. 

It's a rock monster, channel 1 is a perfect JMP and the Plexi switch gives it that nice 1987 sound. Channel 2 is perfect for high gain stuff, just as I wanted. The boost works great, it's voiced a little brighter to help it cut through which is perfect for what I want to use it for. Channel switching is instant with no dropout, same with the boost control. 

Overall VERY happy with it.. looking forward to using it with the band late this week.

I also got a demo of his prototype Dubmle amp, sounds great, defy son cider it if anyone wants that sort of sound.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Happy Birthday Si  ;)
  • Oh man, that's cool.  Happy birthday!
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 495
    Well done...and Congratulations!

Martin's a top bloke.
  • Very nice and happy birthday :D
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I'd be interested to know price details if there are any going... looks very nice!
    your best bet is to contact them direct via their website as he prices each job based on the spec. Prices however are VERY reasonable.