Long trem arm experience. May add as option.

andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
edited April 2016 in Made in the UK
Dani Robinson ( experience Hendrix ) , likes us to supply 7 1/2 inch Trem Arms, which extend right up to, just past  the neck pickup, and I've been finding one so nice to use. 

I suspect the original diameter material ( plus threads at the top of the block)  could have been more prone to breaking at this length but I can't see that happening with 5mm diameter stainless steel and a nylon bushed block. I wonder if more guitarists might enjoy using a longer arm if they knew how they felt.  

Do many guys here use, have experience of a longer arm , or ever lust after more length? chrs

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    are you finding that the longer arm is affording more sensitivity of movement or is it that you've got greater leverage with the net result that more extreme pitch change is easier to achieve ?

I'm just thinking that for the price of a new arm it might be worth having to play with, see what difference it does make
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chrs, @DrBob. ;

Both of those. The position being really nice to hand ( a bit further forward )  when playing and the controlled sensitivity is the the main benefit I'm enjoying. 

a tenner , plus P&P to you, will do if you want to try one , threaded or no tip polished , just PM me to let me know . chrs 

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    My partsocaster strat had a longer trem arm. I didn't have the original, but I had an arm that had turned up from somewhere over the years. It was longer than normal and it was a good tight fit (which I like). One day in a moment of madness I decided to shorten it and it was not as nice afterwards :( I quite like that 'warble' effect, and it did not do it as well when shorter.

Nice paint job on that strat!