Re-amp box.

The January issue of Sound on Sound carries a report of the Orchid Electronics "Amp Interface" and it is a very good report at that.

The device sells for a paltry £56 inc VAT and P&P in UK. Britain does not figure large in recording electronics, good to see one company that is producing excellent gear here!

Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've read positive reviews of their DI boxes in the past, though I've never had a chance to use one.  They seem to offer good value for money.

• I've just bought a pair of their Transformer Isolator boxes. Only £20 each, excellent build quality, quick & friendly service. They included a leaflet with details of the new re-amp box with the order and mentioned there was a SoS review. Excellent products.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited February 2018
    ecc83 said:
    The January issue of Sound on Sound carries a report of the Orchid Electronics "Amp Interface" and it is a very good report at that.

The device sells for a paltry £56 inc VAT and P&P in UK. Britain does not figure large in recording electronics, good to see one company that is producing excellent gear here!

Dave.
    It's still £56 inc VAT and P&P in UK! And it's good too   I am reamping from my DAW into a Fractal FX8 going into a Kemper amp and back to the DAW via SPDIF. I send guitars, VST synths, drums, vocals, anything really. For me a big benefit is using it as a sound design tool, as you can really dial-in the fx and amp sounds without constantly having to strum the guitar or play a keyboard! Oh yeah, the box has also got a volume control, earth lift and polarity reverse.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    I've got one too and have used it lots. It couldn't be simpler to use and it's brilliant at what it does.