Favourite film theme tune?

What's Hot
guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
edited December 2013 in Music
I honestly think mine might be this.  I just think it is fantastic.

I think a close second is this.

What film theme tunes have you really enjoyed?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• In the House, In a Heartbeat was the first thing that sprung to mind.  I think it is a masterpiece.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • oneof my all time favourite albums:

closely followed by another all time favourite:

• hmm how do you make the pics come up?! Is it hyperlinks?

• bigdawg said:
    hmm how do you make the pics come up?! Is it hyperlinks?

When I post they first show as URLs, but after reloading the page they seem to embed themselves as videos.  Your two videos show fine for me.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Get Carter. Or maybe The Ipcress File.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    James Bond.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    Back to the Future!
  • ICBM said:
    James Bond.

I quite enjoyed learning that this theme came about from an earlier Indian styled piece.  Here is a short piece CNN did.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    The Italian job and Midnight cowboy for me.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Big country
    Magnificent 7
    High Chaparal (The movie if there was one)
    All the spag westerns
    infact most westerns
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I know this is not a movie but...

Shame about the sound quality. 
    :-S
    ICBM said:
    James Bond.
    I quite enjoyed learning that this theme came about from an earlier Indian styled piece.  Here is a short piece CNN did.
    That - being able to show where the inspiration for it came from - was probably important when Monty Norman had to sue John Barry for claiming he wrote it. I lost a lot of respect for Barry when that came out.

I agree with the Spaghetti Western suggestions too - in fact, almost anything by Morricone - but they're more 'scores' than 'themes' usually. The Good, The Bad And The Ugly would definitely count though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• This one is good too IMO

Though my favourite piece by him is the original recording of The Ecstasy of Gold.  Not a theme, since it is just a piece from The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

• LOTR had some nice music in it (the songs excepted, I didn't go a bundle on the "melodies")
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Is that the Persuaders I see up there? For TV soundtracks it's right up there with the original Space 1999 and the New Avengers 70s funked out remix.

Fillum soundtrax...

Bullet - frickin' awesome. Lalo Schifrin.
    Paris Texas - Ry Cooder.

But perhaps surprisingly

Underworld - I got to the end of the film and I thought Jesus that's a portion of my time I won't be getting back in hu... what the f*ck?!?! who is this? Is that Ronny Jordan ... and lo it was ...

I love Pulp FIction for introducing me to Dick Dale - I've most of his CDs now..

I also totally loved Blade Runner - I've the sound-track on LP bought ... 25 years ago - I loved that - especially the love theme

Oooof!!

A sort of a cheat but ... Summer Knows from The Summer of 42 but played by George Benson and Herbie Hancock:

this one SHOULD be a soundtrack

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    Though my favourite piece by him is the original recording of The Ecstasy of Gold.  Not a theme, since it is just a piece from The Good The Bad and The Ugly.
    My favourite is the Finale from Once Upon A Time In The West - which is sometimes called the 'theme', but to me it's not really a theme, since it's never used in the film except over the end titles.

frankus said:
    I also totally loved Blade Runner - I've the sound-track on LP bought ... 25 years ago - I loved that - especially the love theme
    Agreed. One of the best things Vangelis has ever done, and less 'typical' than most of his other stuff.

• frankus said:

this one SHOULD be a soundtrack

Went to see Marcus Miller with Carleen Anderson at the Southbank about 3 weeks back. Just phenomenal.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.