Tab for Bird on the Wire [Live at the O2 Arena, London]

RockerRocker Frets: 4987
Can anyone please help, I spent countless hours trying to work out the guitar parts of Bird on the Wire [Live at the O2 Arena, London].  If anyone has tabbed it out, would you be willing to share it with me.  It is not needed for public performance, just the satisfaction of playing it 'correctly'.  Driving me nuts so it is.

Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Assuming you're talking about Leonard Cohen's Bird On A Wire there's plenty of resources out there for the chords and lyrics. I found a clip on YouTube of him performing it at the O2 in 2013 if that's the one you mean. 
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    You are correct @Plectrum. The chords are straight forward, what I need is tab for the intro and solo. Any help is appreciated. I looked on the www, all versions are finger style and not the Live version that appeals to me
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    I doubt he'd ever play the solo the same twice. Maybe not the intro either. Stylistically it reminds me a bit of Peter Green. The intro certainly has quite a bit in common with the intro to Need Your Love So Bad which is basically A major pentatonic with an added minor 3rd which is either bent up from the 2nd or used as the start note to bend up to the 4th. Hope this helps.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    Thanks mate, I will have another go...

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2201
    edited April 2016
    Here's my attempt at a transcription of the Intro. Any comments welcome because I'm not sure it's absolutely 100% correct in every area.

As a check of the transcription, there's a Guitar Pro audio export at the link below:
    https://app.box.com/s/e03brwhqm10jl1mrqjasfin4o3wdyjrt

http://i.imgur.com/MHUax7Y.png

It's not a competition.
    Thanks @stratman3142.

I have another way, I can't believe that I forgot about this possibility, a Tascam CD-GT1mk11.  I bought this many years ago to allow me to play guitar through headphones when I stayed in hotels during site visits.  It was sitting, unused and forgotten about, on a shelf in our music room.  The Tascam has a feature that allows looping of a short or long segment of a CD track.  In other words, play it over and over while I play thus, hopefully, learning the notes and the timing of a piece.  Bird on a Wire always stumped me as does the intro of Sweet Child O Mine.  On SCOM, I have the notes OK but the timing is all wrong.  This machine might be the answer.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum