How do I power this pedal?

What's Hot
DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
I've got a big box deluxe memory man that I use this power supply for

http://i.imgur.com/aTvLs9j.jpg

Can i power that from my voodoo lab pedal power 2 plus? It seems to be saying it requires 24 volts so I need a special adapter for that?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    Gigrig do an adaptor that will take a standard 9v and bump you up. Bit of money but much tidier.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    edited April 2016

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• keirkeir Frets: 137
    Voodoolab do a cable, you need the voltage doubler with centre positive (red plug). Connect it to two 100ma outputs and flip the dip switches to 12v.
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    Or you could get their standard voltage doubler adapter and use the right angled centre positive plug that comes with the pp2+
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • froglordfroglord Frets: 50
    If you're uncertain, you can always post on the Voodoo Lab forums:

http://www.voodoolab.com/forum/

John Clark of Voodoo Lab frequently posts there with solutions - I've had good info from him.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    The gigrig is a bit expensive for me. Is there an option that would only use the one port on the pp2+? Then my entire board would be able to get power just from the pp2+ with no additional plugs.
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    DefaultM said:
    Is there an option that would only use the one port on the pp2+? Then my entire board would be able to get power just from the pp2+ with no additional plugs.
    Afraid not, you'd need to do what @keir suggested above.

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    DefaultM said:
    The gigrig is a bit expensive for me. Is there an option that would only use the one port on the pp2+? Then my entire board would be able to get power just from the pp2+ with no additional plugs.

I think I've got one spare. How does £30 + postage sound? R.
    I'm not even sure what it does in all honesty, but I will have a read and get back to you.
    edited April 2016
    Right so I would plug a cable from a normal port of the pp2+ in to the gigrig thing, and then the gigrig thing in to the dmm? So id only have to use the one pp2+ port? @robinbowes
  • Thought I'd revive this thread a little, I've got the Voodoo Labs voltage doubler and it works perfectly with my big box memory man and pedal power the only downside is that it uses up an extra power outlet.

I've also got the gigrig electroman which works with my XO Memory Man and pedal power, but not with my big box memory man. Can anyone work this out? does the electroman doubler require more mA to run properly with the big box. I thought the XO and big box DMM ran with the same voltage/current draw? any help appreciated.     
    All i did was connect the electroman to the one with the highest output and it worked fine. Wouldn't work when I put it through the regular low outputs though.
  • DefaultM said:
    All i did was connect the electroman to the one with the highest output and it worked fine. Wouldn't work when I put it through the regular low outputs though.
    Cheers mate, out of curiosity how much mA did your highest output give out? 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    If you check the spec for the Electroman, it requires high current 9V:

"Input Voltage Range: 9 to 12 V DC at 1.3A"

I'd be wary of powering one from a regular regulated power supply output. The gigrig stuff is designed to operate off the Generator which can put out up to 5A.

R.
  • If you check the spec for the Electroman, it requires high current 9V:

"Input Voltage Range: 9 to 12 V DC at 1.3A"

I'd be wary of powering one from a regular regulated power supply output. The gigrig stuff is designed to operate off the Generator which can put out up to 5A.

R.
    Many thanks for heads up Robin, bugger!! looks like I'll be sticking with the VL voltage doubling cable for now.
     I'm sure I read on the gigrig FAQ's that you could use with other pedal power supplies... some chap was asking if he could use one with his voodoo labs PP. They said yep!
    I use mine with the pedal power 2 plus. I emailed gigrig to ask if it would work before I purchased it and they wouldn't confirm or deny it. It works fine though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom