Anyone used Euphonic Audio ?

What's Hot
koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4162
As title says, my bassist is looking for a small amp for gigs instead of his 4x10 Galen Krueger head and cab.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72513
    A chap I know had one - an iAmp 800 and 4x10". Very weedy-sounding for a supposedly 800W amp. The cab was pretty poor too, the speakers would flap at anything remotely approaching its claimed rating.

I would get a MarkBass personally - either a complete rig or a head and a Barefaced cabinet if he can afford it. Both these are excellent and much louder than their size and weight would indicate.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24498
    I wouldn't go with a new Mark Bass cab. Since they moved production they have got a lot heavier and the website manages to not mention that.

I'd look for a used TecAmp Puma (Take your pick on power. 300W / 500W / 900W) and a Barefaced cab.

But I'd go with the retro voiced cabs as the other line are a bit too clean. Lots of choice from 1x10, 2x10, 4x10, 6x10, 8x10

The 2x10 puts out loads more than the vast majority of good quality 2x12 cabs.

If he doesn't want a used amp - the TecAmp are now effectively under the EICH brand. There was a boardroom fallout and the designer Thomas Eich took his designs with him and set up again.

The Pumas are the lightest amp around at the mo. My 300W one is 1.15kg (that's 2.2lb)
    I wouldn't go with a new Mark Bass cab. Since they moved production they have got a lot heavier and the website manages to not mention that.
    Useful to know, I haven't come across any recent ones yet.

I'm probably going to go Barefaced when I can afford it anyway. There's something in me that likes extreme efficiency and sheer volume :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2252
    Markbass 1x12 combo small loud light with a good direct injection interface
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24498
    ICBM said:
    Useful to know, I haven't come across any recent ones yet.

I'm probably going to go Barefaced when I can afford it anyway. There's something in me that likes extreme efficiency and sheer volume :).
    I sold my Bergantinos as I was massively impressed with the tiny Barefaced One10.

the only caveat with them is that they don't spend a lot of money on things like tolex glue, and with the money that is a bit disappointing.

I'll get round to listing a load of pedals and stuff shortly and then I'll be ordering a second One10. that will be more than enough for the average pub gig, and if it isn't - that's what the PA is for.
    edited April 2016
    slacker said: 

My issue with those is that for some unfathomable reason they don't fit a control for the tweeter - which is essential, to me - on the combos, although they do on the cabinets.

I sold my Bergantinos as I was massively impressed with the tiny Barefaced One10.
    the only caveat with them is that they don't spend a lot of money on things like tolex glue, and with the money that is a bit disappointing.
    Hmmm…

The handle is crap on the one a fried of mine has too (older model), but I reckon that's fairly easy to replace. Tolex is more of a pain though.

• Cheers.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2252
    ICBM said:
    slacker said: 

My issue with those is that for some unfathomable reason they don't fit a control for the tweeter - which is essential, to me - on the combos, although they do on the cabinets.
    Fair point. Ive had EU and Accugroove cabs and spent some time with Bergantino stuff etc. Back in the day I would need that. However currently I play bass rarely and when I do I want it to sound right instantly. I bought the Markbass because it sounds how I want it flat. In some venues I urn up the filter thingys slightly. 

Its a case of assuming everybody else does things like I do. 
    If you use fuzz bass you *really* need a tweeter control :). And not just so you don't blow it...

It does need the tweeter - just a tiny amount of it. It doesn't actually sound quite as good with none at all, to me - it almost misses the point of using the fuzz. Given the choice of none or too much I go with none, but if it's my own rig I want to be able to set it just-so.

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    edited May 2016
    ICBM;1053747" said:
    slacker said: 

fretmeister said:I sold my Bergantinos as I was massively impressed with the tiny Barefaced One10.the only caveat with them is that they don't spend a lot of money on things like tolex glue, and with the money that is a bit disappointing.Hmmm…

The handle is crap on the one a fried of mine has too (older model), but I reckon that's fairly easy to replace. Tolex is more of a pain though.
    I believe the handles were recognised as an issue with them and updated on later models.

I'd be going Barefaced if I had the dollar. I've had one on a trial and was blown away, and have spoken at length with Alex - he's a very smart guy, passionate about making his product the best he can. Well worth a look.