Depping For The First Time Tonight

gubblegubble Frets: 1746

So I'm doing my first dep gig in many many years tonight.

I'm as ready as i'll ever be, but still have a few cheat sheets to make sure I don't royally mess up.

Normally I'm ok about gigging but tonight I'm very nervous

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26579
    I've only ever depped once, and that was with my old band a couple of years after I left - they had a big-ish gig, but my replacement couldn't make it.

I've never been so nervous before a gig!

Good luck, dude :)
    <space for hire>
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    I love dep gigs. It really adds a little extra something to keep you on your toes. Even if you're playing All Right Now or Brown-eyed Girl there is always something you need to be thinking about in case the people you're playing with throw something unexpacted into the song or arrangement.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405

Some friends of mine are in a band that constantly has deps as there's always someone ill or having to work .... they had a band dinner once and the guitarist couldn't make it so I went instead :)

I do a lot of deps and enjoy it as long as it's not too much homework, if it's stuff I'm really familiar with then it's generally great as people appreciate you stepping in. Have fun
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • I was depping last night, enjoy and just listen to what's going on, don't be too worried about the odd bum note.