NAD: Yamaha THR 5

What's Hot
mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
Finally succumbed and got one of these cuties. Good deal at £160 at Norwich PMT.

Seemed easier to dial in a great sound than the 10, and the tiny size is a bonus. Didn't really need the extra features of the 10 either, so all good.

Surprised at how well it took a Boss Overdrive pedal too, with the guitar volume turned down it cleaned up with some nice touch-sensitive break up.

Does need the reverb or delay on though, sounds a bit flat and small without it, but that's the only -ve.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've just picked one up today online. 

Was £155 ex demo but they informed me that they'd already sold it but are sending me a brand new one for the same price....Result!

Should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to jamming it out. I like you don't need all the features of the THR10 model!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good GAS, guys. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    Nice one. I got a 2nd hand 10 this week, absolutely mint for £175 delivered.

They're absolutely amazing amps aren't they?
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Will post some demos after Xmas (to add to the multitude already out there!).

Love this little amp, it's got me playing the electric again after a few years' focusing on the acoustic. Playing feels like fun rather than a chore - it's great!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3450
    I took my thr10 to a gig last night. No car so it needs to be portable. Connected from headphone out to DI box on stage. Used stage monitors for sound. It was like being in my home playing, same sound except much, much louder. Fantastic.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Happy days!
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Yep, my 10C is my gear purchase of the year. 

When Santa brings my Zoom MS70CDR I think I'll never leave the house!
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited December 2013
    Arrived this morning. A tasty little amp and a lot for the money. It's gonna be a keeper that's for sure.

The modern setting gives me a fantastic Andy Timmons lead tone which is awesome as i'm jamming a lot of his stuff of late! 

Loving the blues like tones in can pull out of this amp too and the effects are great. The amp sounds much better than my Line 6 HD400

•  Your not helping my AAS

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrug;113830" said:
     Your not helping my AAS
    Sorry buddy. There's still time to ask Santa to pop one down the chimney for you tonight!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom